What's new

Scannow and SP Pro 4.

Aldec

Purchased new Feb 16...see my post "Source Problem" posted last Saturday.
This had corrupt files impossible to rectify using sfc /scannow or any dism commands.
This went belly up Saturday evening and was RTM Sunday.
Today received a replacement and after setting it all up to my satisfaction decided to do a scannow.
This again revealed corrupt files, surely this is not a coincidence.
I can only assume Bitlocker has something to do with this.
Can anyone check their own computer please and post the result, it would be appreciated.

leeshor

Many people are reporting that they have had errors when running the SFC when there were no errors and everything was working. My guess is that there is a bug somewhere in the drivers or a combination of drivers and some other software installed. Likely related to Skylake as I have seen that on a non Surface Skylake laptop

dcoplien

I don't think its Bitlocker. I just did mine and found quite a few. If you copy/paste each to google, you can find what they all are. Most but not all of mine are caused by files for updates that no longer exist. I suspect that's due to the new way Win 10 updates.

OP
A

Aldec

This problem can be solved by doing the following.
Download Install.Wim ISO from TechNet.
Open downloads, right click on it and click Mount.
Open Command Prompt (Admin) and copy paste the following.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.