What's new

Serious complaint SP4/Win 10 Security

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Used Microsofts encryption. The one built into Windows 10. Whatever they call it.
Sounds like EFS - If you didn't back up the EFS Key then the software is doing exactly what its designed to do, protecting the files from anyone doesn't have the correct Private Keys.

OP
A

Aussieeek6342

Sounds like EFS - If you didn't back up the EFS Key then the software is doing exactly what its designed to do, protecting the files from anyone doesn't have the correct Private Keys.
Post encryption, I was asked if I wanted to backup the key and create a password. Selected yes and created a password. Once again spoke to a supervisor in MS yesterday who took remote access and ended up deleting files from the registry without my consent resulting in additional problems and the same hopeless answer that MS aren't responsible for date loss. When I realised there were additional issues created by their efforts to help, I was told they didn't have the tools (despite being provided a case number) to speak to the supervisor who called me or identify the deleted files. What a great company!