What's new

So I left the house with my new SP2 8.1 today and Reconnecting of printer

sillyrabbitt123

didnt work when I got back. how do i ensure when I reconnect to my network that the print will reconnect? now sure why it didnt?

thanks

cmergel

I have SP1 in a corporate environment and I have to restart the Print Spooler service on occasion. It shows the network printers as offline.

daniielrp

What sort of printer? If it a wireless one make sure you set up a static IP address for it as this will most likely be the cause of you having to remove and re-add frequently.

OP
S

sillyrabbitt123

thanks for this. i am running into another problem now it stopped working again and i deleted the printer from the SP2 and try to add it back and the SP2 will not see it. i restarted my router, i restarted the SP2 and restarted the printer to no avail.

its an HP 8500A which I have wired into the router.

not sure how I set it for a static IP.

thanks

OP
S

sillyrabbitt123

i guess i am kind of dumb. i assumed since my printer was found and worked right out of the box with sp2 i didnt need to install hp software. but then i had problems with the printer connecting and reconnecting when i left the office. now all is well i downloaded the hp software for 8.1 hopefully that doesnt mess with my battery life at all

Search tags for this page

surface windows 8.1 reconnect to printer

Members online

No members online now.