What's new

[Solved] Surface Soft Keyboard Does Not Work on This Forum

guitar1969

I am having a problem specific to this forum. When making a post or replying to a post, when I tap on a text box my on screen keyboard pops up then immediately goes into hiding again before I can enter any text. From what I have experienced this is the only forum this occurs. I can only enter text via the touch keyboard. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited by a moderator:

ctitanic

Re: Surface soft keyboard does not work on this forum

You may want to try Boardexpress from the store.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

machistmo

Just removed my Type Keypad and sure enough I have the same issue. Keyboard appears and disappears instantly.

Sin

Change your default editor in he forum under Settings - General Settings - Message Editor Interface to Enhanced WYSIWYG and the on-screen keyboard should behave better. The forum seems to glitch and close the on-screen keyboard if set to the Basic or Standard. Hope the helps.

Sin

Took a little trial and error to find one that worked. I think the Standard editor was the original default. I then tried the Basic figuring it would be the most likely success, but to no avail. Tried the Enhanced since I like to check the web sitting on the couch and only using the on-screen keyboard (split layout). Glad to assist.

Search tags for this page
detachable surface keyboard not working
microsoft surface keyboard not working
surface 2 keyboard not working
surface detachable keyboard not working
surface keyboard does not work

surface keyboard not working

surface keyboard wont work
surface rt keyboard not working
surface soft keyboard not working
surface touch keyboard not working