What's new

SP2 8gigs/256SSD vs SP3 4gigs/128SSD tricky one?

OP
K

Kahdeksan

Yep that's the impression I got watching and reading dozens of reviews and opinions, sooner or later throttling occurs if you use it to do some kind of heavy task. I ended up buying a brand new SP2 with 8gig/256gig SSD over Amazon Germany for 700€ which I think is a great deal. And if I can't get used to it as a tablet I can always sell it, probaby for more than it cost new, and pay the difference for a SP3(or SP4).

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep that's the impression I got watching and reading dozens of reviews and opinions, sooner or later throttling occurs if you use it to do some kind of heavy task. I ended up buying a brand new SP2 with 8gig/256gig SSD over Amazon Germany for 700€ which I think is a great deal. And if I can't get used to it as a tablet I can always sell it, probaby for more than it cost new, and pay the difference for a SP3(or SP4).
You should understand that lots of systems have some level of throttling today, it's largely an overblown topic. 10% generally isn't a noticeable amount of variation by users.

Johnny365

So have you gotten the SP2? I made the same topic on the SP3 forum with the same ponderings. I could go either way, and I'm leaning slightly more on the SP3 just because it's newer and I prefer larger screens than smaller ones when it comes to my main machine.