What's new

Solved SP3 continuum when in dock

agt499

I'm very happy with the automatic continuum behaviour when attaching /detaching the type cover, or flipping it behind for quick tablet use. Very well executed.
However when I put it in the surface dock, it remains in tablet mode unless I attach the type cover (which I don't want to use as I have a full size keyboard).
Are others seeing this too, or does yours go to desktop mode when docked?
Do you agree that it should go to desktop?

Krague17

I'm running Windows 10 and docked right now with an external monitors, keyboard and mouse attached. I was in desktop mode and the option to switch to tablet mode was disabled.

So I did a test. I undocked it and switched to tablet mode and then put it back in the dock. It gave me a message that "Tablet mode isn't available when connected to multiple displays" and automatically switched to desktop mode.

I then disconnected my external monitor and then it let me switch back and forth between modes while docked without a problem.

So mine is letting me switch between desktop and tablet mode while docked but if I have an external monitor attached it will automatically put me in desktop mode and won't let me switch.

GTiceman

I do not have the dock, but you would think Microsoft would have put another trigger in instead of multiple displays.