What's new

Spelling in IE

I have noticed that on several sites that I go to including a few that I run myself, spelling mistakes aren't underlined or corrected even though I have these settings turned on. This happens in both desktop IE and modern. It's also the same with either the type cover or onscreen keyboards.

Anyone know of a way to turn on spelling suggestions or auto correct for all sites no matter what form that I am typing into?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
This sounds like something the sites are doing to cause the problem.

The HR dept at work sends out locked word forms with spellcheck disabled. I guess they are hoping to grade people on spelling mistakes in their reviews. I just type everything in another doc then paste it in :) This company is so juvenile, they probably take points off for that too.​

OP
J

JackieInCo

This sounds like something the sites are doing to cause the problem.

The HR dept at work sends out locked word forms with spellcheck disabled. I guess they are hoping to grade people on spelling mistakes in their reviews. I just type everything in another doc then paste it in :) This company is so juvenile, they probably take points off for that too.​

I've noticed this annoying thing while trying the same sites on my Mac using Safari. Guess there is nothing I can really do.

nipponham

Do you by chance use another keyboard, other than English? Spell check works for my US English keyboard but not for the Japanese one.

OP
J

JackieInCo

Do you by chance use another keyboard, other than English? Spell check works for my US English keyboard but not for the Japanese one.
No, just the installed one for the United States. The spell check also does not work while using the keyboard while attached. This is just on some sites, not all.

I think it has to do with the editor that these sites use. I never have the problem on vBulletin or Xenforo sites.

bluegrass

I always thought spell check is built into some apps like Microsoft Office. I didn't know it was suppose to spell check typing that I do in all apps or something someone else misspelled in an email or on a website.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
My speeling on this sight wood be atrochus beetween tipos, autocorrupt, and metal confuseshion. :D Thankfully it works most of the time.