What's new

Stylus for RT

Sheltowee

New to the forum. Hello all! I have not purchased the Surface yet, but am planning on doing so soon. I have seen in other areas on the web that a stylus will work with RT, but you don't have the "palm block". I am assuming that the RT does not have an active digitizer and you have to use one of those thick capacitive styli like is used on the Ipad. Should I just wait for the Pro? I HATE that you get cut down to 4 hours of battery life, but REALLY need a stylus. Thoughts and advice appreciated.

Hello, I do not have my Surface yet either (ordered, but not shipped). But I jumped in your thread since I was wondering about something similar. I also use a stylus, however, I don't need it for the tablet itself. I would just like to know if I will be able to use my WACOM tablet with it.

I have a Bamboo that I currently use with my Acer S3 on Windows 8, and we all know it works perfectly. I have the same concern for the Surface RT and earlier while doing some search I bumped into a Wacom Germany thread and saw a post by Wacom itself that the Bamboo will work like a mouse with the RT, i.e., just like using it without a driver on Windows 8. I maybe able to live with that, but I'll soon find out when I get my hands on the the Surface RT cming this Sunday.

I'm using a capacitive stylus on my Surface RT, it works but it's not perfect. I'll put up a video of it later today.

No guys. No digitalizer. That would add 100-200 dollars cost to the device.

However, if you go to my youtube channel, you can see me taking notes with it using just a Basic Amazon Capacitive stylus.

It does have a "pseudo-palm block." If you touch it once on OneNote, it will block out any other multiple touches.

I have yet to use an Adonit Stylus, which I heard is even better. I am just afraid it might scratch the screen so I am finding a screen protector.

I'm using the Adonit Jot Pro with my Surface RT with a Smudge Guard for Palm Rejection. It is the best Capacitive Stylus I've used, just keep the screen clean from dust while using it. I ink in OneNote 2013 and Paint using FreshPaint from the App Store, no complaints.

HTH,

I'm using the Adonit Jot Pro with my Surface RT with a Smudge Guard for Palm Rejection. It is the best Capacitive Stylus I've used, just keep the screen clean from dust while using it. I ink in OneNote 2013 and Paint using FreshPaint from the App Store, no complaints.

HTH,

Have you (or anyone) experienced any issues with scratches while using the Jot Pro? Thanks.

I haven't had to as of yet, but I will confess that a Capacitive Stylus is no where near the same experience that I get with an Active Digitizer (I have a Pro 2 as well).

Thanks. Yes, I've heard it's not the same but have seen mostly positive reviews for what it is. I'm going to pull the trigger, and maybe one day, I'll graduate to Wacom. :)

Back