What's new

Surface 4 laptop (AMD) external display resolution

Blether

New Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2024
Messages
2
Points
1
My Device
Other
I've attached an external 26" display (LG W2600V, old but still very serviceable) via an external HDMI adapter from the USB-C port.

The Surface's internal display is set to 1900 x 1200.

The Windows 11 settings only offer the external display at 1900 x 1080, 1760 x 990, 1680 x 1050 etc.

I have the AMD graphics drivers and the Display drivers updated to the latest version.

If I use 1920 x 1080, I get to use the full screen width but the top and bottom of the screen are off the displayed area so that for example I have to guess where maximized-window close buttons are. For now I'm using 1680 x 1050 as the best compromise. I can see the bottom half of those window controls and the top half of the taskbar at the bottom.

Why does the AMD Graphics not recognize the ext display's capability? How can I get the Surface to send a 1920 x 1200 image to it?

Thanks in advance.
 
Edit: int display is at 1920 x 1200, of course
 
Back
Top