What's new

Surface Fleets

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I found the EMS, that my staff has to learn and configure from scratch. We reached out to Microsoft on several fronts but have found only a minor help. Since I believe there are companies that manage surface fleets however this forum seems to be the only place that I even found 1 company that manages surface fleets. I am seeking more input and to talk someone some company that actually deploys surfaces in any large number.
If you want a complete turn key solution Microsoft will do it all for you with their Microsoft Managed Desktop Service -
Is Microsoft Managed Desktop right for you

It's a monthly subscription that includes M365 E5 and the IT Services for a monthly fee...

OP
G

Gordon Hofer

If my staff need to learn and start from scratch, I am looking to train my staff. Were is the best choice to send my staff to roll out AZURE and office 365? We have a 200 Surface fleet ready to go and need to train my staff in order to do this.

Last edited:
OP
G

Gordon Hofer

It would appear that can be very difficult to implement....even test. We have learned that if we are a partner then we can get training, however if we are customer then we have to figure it out. We also learned yesterday on a call with Microsoft that we ordered our Surfaces wrong. We should have ordered them "autopilot" ready. Not a big issue but why does surface fleet management have to be so difficult. We have purchase over 100 Surfaces and this is the first we heard of this. If this technology is to move forward it should not be this hard.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It would appear that can be very difficult to implement....even test. We have learned that if we are a partner then we can get training, however if we are customer then we have to figure it out. We also learned yesterday on a call with Microsoft that we ordered our Surfaces wrong. We should have ordered them "autopilot" ready. Not a big issue but why does surface fleet management have to be so difficult. We have purchase over 100 Surfaces and this is the first we heard of this. If this technology is to move forward it should not be this hard.
Who did you buy from?