What's new

Surface Pro 3 and iPhone and OneDrive

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I am having a good day.

That is because when I snap a picture or take a video with my iPhone, it shows up on my Surface Pro 3.

OneDrive app is running on my iPhone. I have it set to sync photos in the background. (I can choose whether or not this happens using cell data).

The Surface Pro 3 connected sleep brings it in, ready when I am. All my thousands of previous photos and videos are there too, in native quality. I think my MacBook Pro is getting jealous.

Last edited:

BillJ

I find OneDrive very useful as well. I understand that I will be getting a whole terabyte of storage with my Office 365 subscription now; plenty of room for all my photos!
I save all my Photoshop work on the SP3 to OneDrive, and share certain folders with people so that they can see all the work I have done, without my having to print out the pictures or send them as attachments. This is the perfect way to share photos. Love it!

benjitek

...I think my MacBook Pro is getting jealous...
Just install the Mac version of OneDrive on it ;-)

All it's lacking is truly syncing with the camera roll. Regardless of what you do with the camera roll photos that get pushed to OneDrive, they stay as-is on the iPhone's camera roll.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Just install the Mac version of OneDrive on it ;-)

All it's lacking is truly syncing with the camera roll. Regardless of what you do the the camera roll photos that get pushed to OneDrive, they stay as-is on the iPhone's camera roll.

Sure - the Mac is great. Been doing that for years via iCloud and predecessors. The Surface is wonderfully gaining my loyalty.