What's new

Surface Pro 4 Likely Coming Late 2015 with Powerful New Features

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
surface-pro-3-blurple.jpg

New intel regarding the Surface Pro 4 comes to light:

Even though some reports suggested the Windows tablet would be released in July, Inquisitor reports that there’s now reason to believe the Surface Pro 4 won’t be available to consumers until October, at which point it will launch with Windows 10 on board.

The device is supposed to pack some serious high-end specs, according to Venture Capital Post, including two size options (12-inch and 14-inch) with 2K resolution displays, Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processor options, 16GB of RAM and a stylus. However, these specs are yet to be confirmed.

Actual pricing details for Microsoft’s rumored laptops isn’t available at this time...

We can't wait to see what Microsoft cooks up this year!

Source: BGR

MOFO

The wait is killing me but if it releases with SKYLAKE it just might be worth it.
Hope both the 12" and 14" models come out at the same time, it's going be interesting to see how the 14" feels in tablet mode.

malberttoo

The wait is killing me but if it releases with SKYLAKE it just might be worth it.
Hope both the 12" and 14" models come out at the same time, it's going be interesting to see how the 14" feels in tablet mode.

14" would probably still be lighter than the SP1 was!

Kif

Anything from BGR is bound to be wrong. I would be surprised to see a larger Surface Pro size.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anything from BGR is bound to be wrong. I would be surprised to see a larger Surface Pro size.
More POWER! They should definitely get some Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor commercials made.
The Surface 9000 will power through every workload imaginable! :D

malberttoo

If they go wireless docking it would require the Intel tri-band card which kicks ass. Beats up on that Marvell trash we have now.

They went with the existing card because it was the only in the industry that had WiFi and Bluetooth on the same card, and of course space is an issue.

The same card is now in the S3, because as Microsoft put it, they are now intimately familiar with it and have solved most problems that have arisen.

goodintentions

I wonder if SP4 gonna fix the bluetooth wifi lag :(
I recently inadvertently fixed the bluetooth wifi lag. I installed windows 10. Then when I realized windows 10 was actually windows 7.1, I wiped everything and reinstalled windows 8.1 from the image I downloaded from the MS website. After that, never had wifi or bluetooth lag again. So, a clean install did the trick.

If they go wireless docking it would require the Intel tri-band card which kicks ass. Beats up on that Marvell trash we have now.

I wouldn't trust Intel in Wireless reliability these days. Their recent wifi cards are so unstable that i would only buy a device with a Broadcom or Marvell wireless chip on it