What's new

Syncing issues

taxoof

Hello everyone,

I bought my Surface RT back in June or July. I so love this thing! Here is my problem. I didn't totally understand the whole syncing concept when I got my Surface. When I used my laptop, I would get some type of error about the syncing not being set. I'm not sure what I've done, but I'm definitely having some syncing issues.

For example: My primary email account is Live. Currently, on my laptop I have 31 messages, on my Surface I have 11 and on my Samsung Galaxy Stellar Android I have 13. Also, I have an app I purchased from the Windows 8 store. It is suppose to be able to sync between my Surface and laptop but it doesn't.

What I would like to happen, if possible, is this: 1: I would like for my Surface and laptop to sync. 2: I would like my Surface to be the primary. I use it much more than I do my laptop. Is it possible to make these things happen? :confused:

Hello everyone,

I bought my Surface RT back in June or July. I so love this thing! Here is my problem. I didn't totally understand the whole syncing concept when I got my Surface. When I used my laptop, I would get some type of error about the syncing not being set. I'm not sure what I've done, but I'm definitely having some syncing issues.

For example: My primary email account is Live. Currently, on my laptop I have 31 messages, on my Surface I have 11 and on my Samsung Galaxy Stellar Android I have 13. Also, I have an app I purchased from the Windows 8 store. It is suppose to be able to sync between my Surface and laptop but it doesn't.

What I would like to happen, if possible, is this: 1: I would like for my Surface and laptop to sync. 2: I would like my Surface to be the primary. I use it much more than I do my laptop. Is it possible to make these things happen? :confused:

I'm not sure about the email part, but judging by the fact that you bought an app for both laptop/Surface, both devices have Windows 8. Okay, that's out of the way.

Are you logging into both using your Microsoft Account? Then there are the sync settings.

Yes, I'm logging into both using my Microsoft credentials.

Check your sync settings from the link, and there's also a troubleshooting link within that page. Beyond that, though, you may need to ask in the official MS boards (link in sig); I personally do not sync my Surface with anything since it's my only Win8 device.

Back