What's new

Tip - Use Old School Network Drive Mapping to see All OneDrive Files and Folders

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
One of the biggest complaints about Windows 10 is its implementation of OneDrive selective syncing and removing place holders, using old school drive tools you can have a workable solution (require connectivity and may slow down initial logins as it reconnects).

We're going to map a network drive using your OneDrive user GUID (long string of alpha numeric character that is unique to your MSA) from file explorer:

First - Use IE and go to your OneDrive site and open any folder, and the URL you'll see https://onedrive.live.com/?id=GUID%Long String of numbers

Second - Copy the GUID (everything between = and %)

Third - Open Explorer and navigate to "This PC"

Fourth - Map a Network Drive

upload_2015-8-1_8-26-58.png

Fifth - Follow the prompts:

upload_2015-8-1_8-28-25.png

Make sure the Folder is https://d.docs.live.net/GUID That you copied before/

Also, make sure you have the 2 boxes checked and you will be prompted to enter you Microsoft Account Info, when prompted make sure you Check the box to remember you credentials

Depending on your internet speed the initial opening of the folder may take a minute or so...

You can right click the Mapped Drive and rename it from the URL (I named my OneDrive)

Now you have your full OneDrive Folder Content that you can Pin to Quick Access, these are all online only and will not be accessible without an internet connection.

Compusmurf

Thought everyone knew this, else I would have posted this at the beginning of the 10 preview thread. This is old school and many of us have done it for ages.

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thought everyone knew this, else I would have posted this at the beginning of the 10 preview thread. This is old school and many of us have done it for ages.
Yes, but not everyone is aware of it....I used to this on Windows 7 machines before the SkyDrive App came for Windows 7 and didn't need it for Windows 8....