What's new

Touch cover replacement horror story

ryanmackk

So I received a Surface RT as a gift and of course the keyboard started falling apart. So I called microsoft and requested a new one, they said "sure, no problem, replacement is free" and said "wait 24 for the shipping label to appear in your inbox". So I did and it never came. I was patient and only called 3 days later. It went like this (dates are approximate):

March 15 : First contact with MS. Told their "tools are being updated"
March 18: Second contact with MS. Told "I'm sorry I don't know what happened. Our tools are being updated"
March 20: Third contact with MS. Told "I'm sorry I don't know what happened, let me send you another email"
March 25: Fourth contact with MS. Told "I'm sorry I don't know what happened, I will send your case to the escalations team"
April 7: Fifth contact with MS. They called me at 11:30 pm and said "have you received the email? No? We will escalate the situation"
April 9: Sixth contact with MS. Called me after the time I said I was available and left me a message saying "We've escalated the situation"

April 15 (Today): I've given up all hope

I've also posted on the Microsoft Answers forum and they've answered, but guess what they told me?

Anyways. :mad: and I'm cussing at Microsoft

Tags: Microsoft is a terrible company

mitchellvii

MS seems to do well at the hard stuff but the EASY stuff completely eludes them. This is a Management problem. This fish stinks from the head down.

I also had an overheating problem "escalated" and didn't hear from anyone until a week and a half later. MS' motto should be "Talk great, do nothing..."

I can only say I had the total opposite experience when I called them (the UK office) about the same problem. Return label was emailed within mins of my phone call. I had my replacement touch cover in a few days. Really pleased with the service I got.

sorry to hear about your bad experience. I also had the opposite experience when exchanging my Surface RT, although I had to push a little with tweets to @Surface to speed up the process.
Hope this will be resolved for you. Although at your stage I'd be pissed as well.

hotphil

Can I ask - is this a common issue? One of the locator lugs has snapped off mine, but no signs of it "falling apart". What happens to them?

Trovahead

I had a very smooth experience exchanging my dead RT for a new one. The whole thing took one week from the time I dropped it off at Fedex to when the new one arrived at my doorstep.

Search tags for this page

microsoft surface horror stories

microsoft touch cover replacement
replace touch cover
surface keyboard falling apart
surface pro touch cover falling apart
surface touch cover border falling apart

surface touch cover replacement

touch cover falling apart

touch cover replacement microsoft

touchcover falling apart

Members online