What's new

Transfer & Play Digital Copy movies on Surface RT tablet

PavtubeVideo

Summary: Follow this simple tutorial to learn how to transfer digital copy movies to your Surface tablet for playback without quality loss.

Transferring Digital Copies to my Surface RT? - Obviously I no longer want to play movies on or even get my laptop out while traveling. My surface is the device for use in the air so how do I transfer my legally obtained (Blu-ray/DVD) digital copies from my PC to my Surface. Any ideas?

As a digital version of Blu-ray or DVD movie, Digital Copy gives you he flexibility to watch your movie anytime, anywhere. You may transfer your "Digital Copy" to your Mac, PC and iTunes-compatible devices. Basically Digital Copies all boil down to the DRM (Digital Rights Management) which prevents you from playing them on unauthorized devices. Unfortunately, the Microsoft Surface RT tablet has not get a license to play DRM contents, which means digital copy movies will even play on your Surface Tablet.

In order to bring Digital Copies downloads to Surface RT for playing without problems, you need to strip DRM from Digital Copy movies first and then convert Digital Copy (WMV/M4V) to a Surface friendly format such as the MP4. To achieve your goal smoothly, below is a simple tutorial for you, guaranteed to transfer and play Digital Copies on Microsoft Surface RT tablet.

Requirements

Pavtube ChewTune (Mac version) - an easy-to-use yet top-ranking DRM removal software for Android. It can easily help you strip DRM from the videos from Blu-ray/DVD digital copies, iTunes store, Amazon, and more. And the playback of the converted videos is as decent as possible as original. Just download it and follow a guide below to realize the way playing Digital Copy movies on Microsoft Surface RT or Pro Tablet without DRM restrictions in just a few mouse clicks.

Removing DRM and Convert Digital Copy to Surface RT supported video formats

Before conversion you need first to transfer Digital Copy to computer in Windows Media (.wmv) or iTunes video format (.m4v). And here we go with the DRM removal process. If you have idea about Digital Copy transferring, refer to a detailed guide here.

chewtune1.jpg

Step 1. Run ChewTune, drag and drop Digital Copy movie to the software

Step 2. Choose the output video format and output folder. Click "Format" bar and move mouse to "Windows" column, you can easily find the profile of "Microsoft Surface Windows RT H.264 Video (*.mp4)". The output videos could fit on Surface RT perfectly. If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish.

Step 3. Click the big "Convert" button to start converting Digital Copy to Surface RT supported MP4 videos.

Once the process completes, you can transfer the DRM-free MP4 videos to your Surface. In this way, you can play Digital Copy movies on Microsoft Surface RT Tablet as you want. Enjoy!

If you have no idea about Surface RT file transfer, you can check out the post The Ways Transferring Files to Your Surface to learn more. If you have any problem when enjoying videos on Surface tablet, just check out Microsoft Surface RT Column to learn more.

If your movie isn’t already in one of the supported formats or it’s still on a DVD or Blu-ray, you can get an all-in-1 video covnerter app - 20% OFF dsicount Blu-ray Video Converter Ulitimate (or its Mac Version - 20% OFF discount iMedia Converter Mac) to encode movies to play on your Surface tablet with ease.

Note: Microsoft Surface can't play video files from certain loacations! Moving them locally sorted it out.

OP
P

PavtubeVideo

Remove DRM from iTunes M4V and Sync iTunes library to Surface RT and Pro

This article will show you how to get music, movies or TV-shows purchased from iTunes to Microsoft Surface RT for smoothly playing.

Q: I just bought a new Surface tablet and I am wondering if I could play music files I purchased on iTunes on my Surface RT? I have searched around the internet but I haven't got a specific answer to this question. Besides, the movies and TV-shows I have purchased on iTunes will be playable on my Surface RT?

A: Before answering your question, keep in mind that the Windows RT based Surface tablet can not play any iTunes purchases with Apple Digital Rights Management (FairPlay DRM). However, all iTunes songs (at least in the US) will be DRM-free in steps since April 7, 2009. From my experience, if the song isn't copy protected it should play. For the little copyrighted iTunes songs, in .m4p format, you can upgrade these songs to DRM-free files for US$0.30/song or use DRM removal software to strip DRM from them free of charge.

For iTunes videos, if they are video podcasts from iTunes, you can play them on your Surface RT without any problem. But if they are Movies, TV-shows or Music videos which you purchased directly through iTunes store, they are all with DRM protection. DRM can not stop you transferring iTunes video purchases to Surface RT, but the videos will say "this file is not supported" or "this video can't be played" when you play these iTunes movies/TV shows on the Surface RT tablet.

sync-itunes-with-surface-rt.jpg

In order to play iTunes video files on Microsoft Surface RT, you have to remove DRM from iTunes movies and convert iTunes M4V files to Surface RT compatible video formats(MP4 with H.264 video codec is highly recommended). To get the work done, a DRM Removal software is needed. If you're looking for ease-to-use, just check out Pavtube's ChewTune, which is an intuitive and stable DRM converter to help you remove DRM protection from iTunes, Amazon, Zune, BBC iPlayer, Napster, Blockbuster, etc. and convert videos to all popular video formats like MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, AVI, FLV, etc. for playing and sharing anywhere you like. Meanwhile the playback of the converted videos is as decent as possible as original. The equivalent Mac version is the ChewTune Mac, which can convert and transfer iTunes movies to Surface RT on Mac OS X. Free download the right version and enjoy your iTunes M4V movies on Microsoft Surface RT without any hassle!

Download iTunes to Surface RT Converter:

Convert, Transfer and Play iTunes movies on Surface RT

The quick start guide below uses ChewTune Windows screenshots. The way to encoding iTunes M4V to Surface on Mac is almost the same. Just make sure you get the right version according to your computer operating system.

Step 1: Add iTunes movies to the software. Launch the DRM converter and click "Add Video" "Add Folder" to load the iTunes video files to the program for converting. You can also simply drag and drop media files to the source pane to add. Batch conversion is supported so that you can add multiple files.

wmv-drm-removal.jpg

Step 2: Choose the output video format and output folder. Click "Format" bar and move mouse to "Windows" column, you can easily find the profile of "Microsoft Surface Windows RT H.264 Video (*.mp4)". The output videos could fit on Surface RT or Pro perfectly.

surface-rt-profile.jpg

If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. For watching videos on the Windows RT based Surface Tablet, 720p with 1500~2500kbps is just all right. I found that bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss.

Step 3: After above steps, just click "Convert" to start removing iTunes DRM protection and converting iTunes M4V to Microsoft Surface RT MP4 videos.

Once the process completes, download and transfer the DRM-free iTunes videos to your Surface RT Tablet via USB cable. Then you are free to enjoy and watch iTunes movies on Microsoft Surface RT as you like.

And yes, this workaround works with Windows 8 as well, of course. Click here to get known the basic tips for watching movies on Microsoft Surface RT.

Related Articles:
How to put/move DVD movie to Microsoft Surface RT
Copy Blu-ray ISO image file to Microsoft Surface RT
Watch Flash FLV/F4V Videos on Microsoft Surface RT Tablet
Surface RT Review: Convert 1080p/720p Videos to Surface RT & Pro
How to transfer Tivo files to Microsoft Surface RT
6 Essential Apps for New Windows Surface RT and Pro Owners

To save your money, you can view Pavtube special offer column:

ByteCopy($42) + Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate($65) = Only $80, Save $27
ByteCopy for Mac($42) + iMedia Converter for Mac($65) = Only $80, Save $27
ChewTune ($29) + Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate($65) = Only $75, Save $19
ChewTune for Mac($29) + iMedia Converter for Mac($65) = Only $75, Save $19
ChewTune($29) + ByteCopy($42) = Only $54, Save $17
ChewTune for Mac($29) + ByteCopy for Mac($42) = Only $54, Save $17
ByteCopy($42) + Video Converter($35) = Only $60, Save $17

OP
P

PavtubeVideo

Last 2 Days! Get 30% off Best Blu-ray/DVD Ripper on Halloween Deals

Summary: 2013 Pavtube Halloween Special Offer, Last Two Days! Get Free DVD Ripper, 30% off Blu-ray Ripper, 20% off Video Converter Ultimate, etc. Hottest Gifts at Pavtube Halloween Promotion!

Have you recorded lots of videos/movies of what happens with your camera, tablet, smartphone, etc.? Do you want a tool for joining/converting your multiple recording videos into only one while still retaining the original HD quality? Pavtube multimedia softwares can help you to deal any videos and movies for putting to your devices, sharing with your family and friends, or import to windows/mac video editing software(like FCP, iMovie, Avid, Premiere, Sony Vegas, etc.) for editing and then burning them to DVD, etc.

To make 2013 Halloween more enjoyable, Pavtube unveiled 2013 Halloween Crazy Promotion with special Halloween freebies and up to 30% off discounted Halloween movie assistants for both Windows and Mac users. If you are looking for a thrill that won't scare your bank account this Halloween, then the Halloween discount of Pavtube is the opportunity that shouldn't be missed.

Check out Pavtube special Halloween outlet for Free & Up to 30% off Spooktacular bargains!

Starting October 24th and till November 6th.

Within this Halloween Promotion, any person can get Free or 30% off discount software products, like:

Pavtube DVD Ripper Windows/Mac as free Halloween freebie;
Pavtube Video DVD Converter Ultimate as free Halloween freebie;
Up to 30% off discounts on Pavtube's top sellers;
Up to 20% off discounts on Pavtube's top sellers;

Above products helps users make special Halloween moments last forever in aspects below:

-Convert and Share Halloween Videos with Pavtube Video converter series

On Halloween evening, most parents will use their cameras/tablets/phones to memorialize how much fun their kids have in trick-or-treating, record the special moments with your scariest Halloween costumes and the Halloween special food with your family and friends. It's unforgettable happy time and worth keeping in memory forever.

But how to convert and share your videos with others? Would it be perfect if the videos can be edited as you want before share with others, like adding some text in the video or crop the content you don't want to be shown, etc, then our products Free Video DVD Converter Ultimate, 20% off Video Converter Windows/Mac, 20% off Video Converter Ultimate, 20% off iMedia Converter for Mac will help you so that you can via DVD maker, Final Cut Pro (X), iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, After Effects, FCE 4, Sony Vegas, Windows Movie Maker, etc. before shared with your friends. Isn't it terrific if these special moments to be recorded with your own remarks in text in your video and played like iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPad Mini 2, iPad Air, Kindle Fire HDX, Surface RT/Pro, Surface 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, Galaxy Note 3, Sony Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 2, Moto X, etc. for memorable moments again during your boring trip or even when your kids are grown up?

-Backup Halloween movies for playback at ease only with remote control and display screen needed, and of course a Sofa as well with Pavtube Blu-ray and DVD Ripper or Converter.

During Halloween holiday, you won't miss horror films, like Sinister, or your horror films collections. But is it painstaking if to get up from Sofa and look for the preferred disc from hills of discs one by one? Then Pavtube Blu-ray/DVD/Video Converter series will help users out of the trouble. Users only need to sit on the sofa with remote control in hand, then next disc or chapters will appear by only several clicks.

Free Products:

Free DVD Ripper Windows/Mac - Help you convert any DVDs to MOV, MKV, AVI, MPG, VOB, WMV, FLV, etc with fast speed. It also helps edit DVD and add SRT/ASS/SSA subtitles to DVD movies.

Free Video DVD Converter Ultimate - Convert any video (including TiVo) and DVD to MOV, MKV, MPG, AVI without problem. Same editing as retail version.

30% OFF Discount:

Blu-ray Ripper Windows/Mac – only $34.3 for Pavtube's best seller Blu-ray Ripper which rips Blu-ray and DVD to PC, Mac, iPhone 5S/5C/5, iPad Air, iPad 3, iPods, Applel TVs, all Android and Windows 8 tablets/phones, etc. With it, you can easily backup Blu-ray/DVD with original structure to computer hard drive, no content or video quality loss. Added 3D profiles in Format menu. (Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, or Anaglyph 3D in MKV/MP4/MOV/WMV/AVI)

DVD Ripper - $24.5 for user-friendly DVD converter to copy and rip DVD (ISO/IFO) to multiple video and audio formats for different usage.

20% OFF Discount:

Video Converter Ultimate / iMedia Converter for Mac - $52 spent on this all-in-one program to help you backup Blu-ray/DVD with original structure and convert Blu-ray, DVD and regular videos for hot tablets and smartphones. Moreover, 3D Side-by-Side MKV back up is available in Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate to ensure the 3D effect preservation for 3D projector and 3D HDTV.

Video Converter Windows/Mac - $28 available for everyone to transcode virtually all video and audio types, camcorder HD footages and TiVo recordings to desired video/audio format.

More information about Pavtube software is available at Pavtube official site: Pavtube Blu-ray/DVD Converter/Video Converter, Blu-ray/DVD to MKV/MP4/iPad converter

Source: 2013 Halloween Giveaway and Crazy Promotion: Free and Up to 30% Off Special Offers | Open Media Community