What's new

Trouble Watching Videos

leeshor

So, fastordiy says firefox, pignaz says Edge. Revmike and leeshor say not Edge, but don't offer an alternative?

I have offered an alternative so many times I've lost count. As I mentioned, I don't, at this time, see a reason to use Edge though some people have made it work, sorta kinda, but it does tend to cause video driver problems. Again, some people have lessened or claimed to have eliminated those issues with a modified host file. Chrome works but uses a lot of battery. If you can live with that Chrome is fine. IE works.

My preference is Firefox. I have found it using less battery, it supports sdd-ons and it has yet to crash the video drivers on my unmodified SP4.

(none of the above listed issues are not by any stretch limited to Surface devices)

I do need to mention that my6 Firefox has AdBlockPlus and NoScript installed. I have had 4 SP4s come though my office, 1 stayed, none are having issues I am aware of, none use Edge, most, due to prior user preference and easy of portability, Firefox. YMMV.

pignaz

So, fastordiy says firefox, pignaz says Edge. Revmike and leeshor say not Edge, but don't offer an alternative?

I'd suggest you to try some browsers and see which one is better for you. Everyone of them has its own pros and cons. For example, in my opinion edge gives better performances, Firefox is more compatible with plugins and some web apps (Whatsapp web), while Chrome usually consumes too much battery. You can also give Opera a try ;)