What's new

Unbelievable Experience with Dell

Sonnyboy

I have a SP3 i7/256 and the docking station. I want a two external monitor setup. So I contacted Dell to purchase two u2414h monitors. I requested that they price match a lower price offered by another online retailer. Dell agreed and had a sales rep call me to take my order information. Dell then charged my debit card, shipped the two monitors and then on the morning that the monitors were scheduled to go out on the delivery truck, Dell cancelled the order and instructed FedEx to return the monitors to them.

So I called Dell twice yesterday. Eventually I was transferred to a rep in the verification department who told me that for *my protection* they were not sure the order was from me so they cancelled the order. I pointed out to the Dell rep that if they were concerned with my protection, they blew it because my checking account was already debited the funds. So, I went through the steps to verify who I said I was and the rep told me my account had been reinstated. He told me that all I would need to do was to speak with a rep in the "reinstatement" department. In total I spoke with at least 7 Dell reps in different departments. And no results.

Today I called back. I was informed by a rep that the monitors were returned to Dell and my debit account will be credited a refund. I explained that I still want the monitors. Next I was transferred to a sales rep.

Get this, Dell will no longer honor the original price (which included the price match reduction). Complete misrepresentation on Dell's part. Wasted over two hours of my time in total transacting with Dell. And the sales rep couldn't understand why I did not agree to pay for the marked-up price that he was quoting me.

I have to say that Dell's behavior here is disappointing. I realize that this experience will probably not happen to others, but I just wanted to relate how unreal this situation is.

OP
S

Sonnyboy

Update: After sending a direct email to the Dell rep who actually created the disputed order, I received a phone call from a Dell rep who went ahead and received the confirmation from a manager to honor our original sales contract.

In total I have spent close to 4 hours dealing with this transaction. We shall see how this turns out. But the bottom line is, sellers cannot enter into a sales contract and then just break it because they want to. And then when the buyer tries to enforce the contract, the seller says, "well, now the price is more..." Unbelievable behavior from this company.

malberttoo

Update: After sending a direct email to the Dell rep who actually created the disputed order, I received a phone call from a Dell rep who went ahead and received the confirmation from a manager to honor our original sales contract.

In total I have spent close to 4 hours dealing with this transaction. We shall see how this turns out. But the bottom line is, sellers cannot enter into a sales contract and then just break it because they want to. And then when the buyer tries to enforce the contract, the seller says, "well, now the price is more..." Unbelievable behavior from this company.

Man I feel your pain. I have had issues like that also, and it just makes your head want to explode off of your shoulders.

OP
S

Sonnyboy

Man I feel your pain. I have had issues like that also, and it just makes your head want to explode off of your shoulders.

True that. Because with large corporations, you can contact a rep and they transfer you around. Each rep has something different to say.

As a consumer, I have not experienced something like this in a really long time. It was a pure breach of a sale contract by a major seller.