What's new

USB 3 Hard drive dock w/Clone features

DOTTAT

Hello gang-

Been a while since I posted here. My how things have changed over the years. I recently added a USB hard drive dock to my surface pro bag. The unit I picked up is this one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0151BDW9S/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I was definitely doing things the hard way before getting this unit. I had all the cable adaptors.. USB to sata/esata etc. Had to use this software to clone this drive.. another for others... I still can do that. But I can use this unit to mount both drives regardless of form-factor as it supports tool-less 2.5 and 3.5 sata drive operations. The most popular clone i've been doing is a regular HDD to SSD. This works VERY well as long as your SSD is larger than the source disk. Same size disk clones are so easy now it's unreal. I keep this unit in my work bag and use it almost every day.

If you are like me and had been using cables/adapters switch now and enjoy something a lot more stable and versatile. This dock even supports hot plugging the drives!

The last drive I cloned was an Intel SSD 160GB that had 40 gigs free. From the source drive to the new drive the standalone process only 14 minutes and 7 seconds.

Attachments

• IMAG3731.jpg
    IMAG3731.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 884
  • IMAG3732.jpg
    IMAG3732.jpg
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 824
  • IMAG3733.jpg
    IMAG3733.jpg
    954 KB · Views: 838