What's new

Variety of Typecover Colors

wvevie

Why isn't there the same variety of colors for the type covers for the SP3 as the previous versions? I'd really like something different from the black but none of the existing colors appeal to me. I miss my old SP2 magenta type cover.

r0b123

If none of the 5 colors appeal to you, you can always customize it with skins. From what i've seen, they look pretty slick.

bluegrass

I never saw the white but aren't all the earlier colors available now. I own a red and a purple one SP3 type cover.

snowcherries

I SO want the pink colour.
W none of the existing colors appeal to me. I miss my old SP2 magenta type cover.

I would so love the pink/magenta colour. I was briefly interested in an SP2 until deciding the screen size was too small, but fell in love with the pink cover. when the SP3 came out i was devastated there was no longer a pink.
I also liked the white though would be dubious about keeping white clean enough (my last laptop was white but being hard plastic was easy to clean).

I agonised over the colour choice, finally opting for purple over black. I do like it but if a pink came out i'd buy it in a heartbeat.
:)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe theyre just playing it safe and keeping costs down for this release.

Personally, doesnt bother me. Ive seen the colours of the typecovers in person now, and other than black they're all just hideous "look at me look at me look at me" over the top in your face bright colours.

Maybe youll get your wish when the sp4 comes out, or maybe as has been suggested above, there just wasnt the demand for them so they figured why bother.

kundas1

I just bought awhile back a nice dark/deep blue type cover that I been wanting for awhile now which isn't screaming "look at me" at all.. but I would luv to find the elusive white type cover to match my SP3...

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was indeed the only other suitible option. I had liked the idea of red, and users had said it was not as bright as their photos, but when i saw it, it is like a Ferrari
I just bought awhile back a nice dark/deep blue type cover that I been wanting for awhile now which isn't screaming "look at me" at all.. but I would luv to find the elusive white type cover to match my SP3...