What's new

Virus in Surface Forum

Arizona Willie

Yesterday and again today, my virus program has been sounding an alarm and popping up a message that it has blocked a file from the Surface web pages.

3 times since I logged in that darn thing has gone off.

I suspect someone may have hacked into the pages and planted a virus or two or three.
Probably in the ads.

Nuspieds

Yesterday and again today, my virus program has been sounding an alarm and popping up a message that it has blocked a file from the Surface web pages.

3 times since I logged in that darn thing has gone off.

I suspect someone may have hacked into the pages and planted a virus or two or three.
Probably in the ads.
Or perhaps a false positive being reported by your Anti Virus?

It's been fine here for me; I'm using KAV...but let's see what others are experiencing.

By the way, what are you using?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
No problems here with Win RT :) Although a few weeks back I encountered a spate of browser hijackings to ADs on this site but nothing since then.

Last edited:

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I have agressive ad-blocking, and see no such virus evidence.
@Arizona Willie, be sure to dump your cache, drink plenty of fluids, and don't connect with too many people for awhile. :):)

leeshor

I also have pretty aggressive anti virus settings and have never had an issue in Firefox, IE or Chrome and I use all three for this site.

malberttoo

I use AdBlock Plus on Chrome, tracking protection (EasyList and Privacy List) on Metro IE, and Nod 32 Antivirus. Have never had a single issue with the site.