What's new

Waiting for SP3...

Liam2349

So... Nat West fraud protection blocked my payment. Yeah, apparently the gave me an automated call, which I immediately hung up, because that's what you do when you get automated voice calls because it's always PPI.

I told them they should say NATWEST as the first thing in those messages, maybe then I would hear them out!

Block removed, ready to be charged. Can't call Microsoft to get them to retry because out of hours. I swear, if NatWest makes me get this late...

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
ooh I feel for you, mine appeared on my outstanding balance, but was also still appearing as "pending transaction" I guess it was in process. Hope us UK pre-order people get "the email" tomorrow.

Liam2349

ooh I feel for you, mine appeared on my outstanding balance, but was also still appearing as "pending transaction" I guess it was in process. Hope us UK pre-order people get "the email" tomorrow.

Yeah, the guy I spoke to last said they would probably ship tomorrow. Hopefully if I call Microsoft at 8AM to get them to sort this payment out, I won't miss the pickup.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ahh good. And I also ordered a little Nokia Lumia 635 windows phone today too (from ebay not MS store) to try out the windows phone OS and see how I like it before I decide what my upgrade will be from my Nexus 4 which, although fine to use and just as speedy as it always was, is starting to last only 5 mins on battery. (It is possible to change the battery with a bit of fiddling but I'm getting itchy feet now anyway).

So I should have two nice packages arriving this week.... can't wait.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, news from UK? In Italy no tracking number at this moment :oops:
Not yet, I keep checking email and getting excited when I see one saying "microsoft" until I realise it's a notification from, you've guessed it "Microsoft Surface Forums!".... :confused:

novy2k

UK here, no e-mail. I just checked my MS store order and it says delivery by 31/08. Aug 31st was the date announced when I ordered, back in May. Now the store says 28/08 for availability, but my order hasn't changed to this date.
Will give them a call later, but if true, I wouldn't be happy about being treated worse just because I pre-ordered early :mad: