What's new

Why is it so difficult to highlight text and copy?

dniezby

Strange...I have NO Problems with highlighting, selecting or copying text. I use just double tap the word I want to highlight, drag the handles and select all the text I want. Then touch and hold and the menu appears. Second choice is the pen. Lastly, the keyboard.

annabanana

When I first started using touchscreen devices I had trouble with selecting and copying text. I got the knack after a while and now it seems easy.

bluegrass

A mouse is the simplest way to fly for selecting and copying text, letter by letter, word by word, or paragraph by paragraph. Works every time for me and is very easy. Just because we have a touchpad and fingers is no reason to abandoning a mouse for some things. Even the pen doesn't work near as well for selecting something as a good ole mouse does.

bluegrass

Op was just stating he was having so much difficulty highlighting text with his finger. I was just suggesting a simple solution that works great.

nipponham

Oh, in that case, that's very kind of you. It never occurred to me that the op might have never heard of a mouse before and understand how it works.

LostMyPen

Strange...I have NO Problems with highlighting, selecting or copying text. I use just double tap the word I want to highlight, drag the handles and select all the text I want.
Except more than 1/2 the time I don't get the handles at all, so I have to select another word, then come back and hope I get the handles next time

Same I I triple tap, it selects the sample but I don't get the handles.

Makes selecting text tedious.

OP
K

kiwigirl

using a mouse in bed isnt
A mouse is the simplest way to fly for selecting and copying text, letter by letter, word by word, or paragraph by paragraph. Works every time for me and is very easy. Just because we have a touchpad and fingers is no reason to abandoning a mouse for some things. Even the pen doesn't work near as well for selecting something as a good ole mouse does.

Except using a mouse in bed isnt practical.