What's new

Windows 10 Graphics Update- Video Fixed!!!

Just downloaded a graphics driver update to 10.18.16.4098. Hulu, youtube, and graphics in general all seem to be working again in build 9926.

wynand32

And the fan no longer blows like a... well, like something with a fan that blows really hard.

m0v1em4n

There was a graphic driver in my updates last night, but I still need to switch to software decoding in the IE option and even then the fan still goes more than it should on some web pages, and those pages are only forums, no video or flash.
Think for me the old drivers work better. i.e no crashing, normal fan.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
From Windows Update ? Not seeing that, I have 10.18.15.4098
Capture.JPG

Mine updated automatically overnight

bmack

Video no longer crashes but my internet explorer will not open without crashing. The only way to open it is to open it with InPrivate browsing. I cannot figure out why this is happening.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Video no longer crashes but my internet explorer will not open without crashing. The only way to open it is to open it with InPrivate browsing. I cannot figure out why this is happening.
Try clearing Temp Internet Files....

OP
E

ericpelleg

There was a graphic driver in my updates last night, but I still need to switch to software decoding in the IE option and even then the fan still goes more than it should on some web pages, and those pages are only forums, no video or flash.
Think for me the old drivers work better. i.e no crashing, normal fan.

Why do you need to switch to software decoding? That is less efficient and would use more power/cause the fans to run more.

Also what rendering engine are you using? Check about:flags to see what your "Enable Experimental Web Platform Features" is set to. Some users get the experimental features by default with MS. I might have been one because mine was set to auto. Maybe there is a forced enable set of users too.
upload_2015-1-30_10-6-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-30_10-3-29.png
    upload_2015-1-30_10-3-29.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 612

mitchellvii

Try clearing Temp Internet Files....

This had no effect. IE still crashes upon opening. Weird.

Strange thing is that unless I shut it down from Task Manager it just keeps crashing and crashing and crashing in an endless loop.

** SUCCESS! Got it to work. Went in and reset all personal settings to default and it started right up :)

Last edited:

Sanjay

I checked Windows Update and it showed a new driver. I started the download and then something happened and the screen went blank. I had to do a hard reset (Vol+Power) to restart and on restarting Windows Update does not show any driver download available. The installed driver shows as 10.18.15.4098 Strangely enough I cannot find 'View your Update History'. Any help will be appreciated.

PS: With YouTube having switched to HTML5 by default, I can no longer watch any YouTube videos properly. It seems that HTML5 does not work properly under Windows 10 and this is with Firefox, IE11 & Chrome (better on Chrome but still with problems) IE11 crashes each time I try to start a YouTube video.

Last edited: