Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Can Now Turn Off Tap To Click

Update for Windows Technical Preview for x64-based systems (KB3036140) has provided some nice new settings for the touchpad.

A clever option now allows not just a delay of the touchpad, but allows tap to be turned off. The touchpad tap delay or disable solves inadvertent cursor moves while typing.

Screenshot (94).png

Screenshot (95).png

Screenshot (96).png

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Expandable Settings Buttons in Notification corner

Update for Windows Technical Preview for x64-based systems (KB3036140) now remembers whether users prefer the expanded settings button set in the Notification area (lower-right corner of the display).

Also
- Hotkeys mapped to shortcuts and app launches are faster.
- "All apps" function in the Start menu is much faster.
- Option to not launch the Start menu at login.

Screenshot (99).png

Screenshot (97).png

Screenshot (100).png

Screenshot (98).png

Screenshot (101).png

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Faster overall response

Everything seems to be running smoother and faster after Update for Windows Technical Preview for x64-based systems (KB3036140).

- My abbreviated Cortana Search area "hoop" (see screenshot) did not appear until after I chose "Properties" for the taskbar.

Screenshot (102).png

B

B'midbar

Faster overall response

Everything seems to be running smoother and faster after Update for Windows Technical Preview for x64-based systems (KB3036140).

- My abbreviated Cortana Search area "hoop" (see screenshot) did not appear until after I chose "Properties" for the taskbar.

View attachment 5301

You cycle through a different desktop background or theme every day or every hour? ;)

Great shots.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Last night I decided to a fresh install of 9926, so I downloaded the ISO backed up the few local files and made a Bootable USB Drive with Windows 10 Build 9926, ran Windows Update loaded Office 365 x64 Pro Plus added back my Apps and it is running so much better, I wasn't able to come out of Connected Standby with the upgraded stock 8.1 to 10 (multiple flights).

Much more stable and speedy :) The whole thing took less than an hour :)

rege0039

Sorry if this has been asked or if I'm being stupid but is there a way to make the Beta store check for app update ?

On 8.1 I swiped in from right and then choose app updates.

On 10 beta store there's no swipe and no hamburger to select app settings from.

I presume it automatically checks for updates but I would like to make sure.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry if this has been asked or if I'm being stupid but is there a way to make the Beta store check for app update ?

On 8.1 I swiped in from right and then choose app updates.

On 10 beta store there's no swipe and no hamburger to select app settings from.

I presume it automatically checks for updates but I would like to make sure.
I don't think it is in the Store Beta App as of yet, but you should have the Windows 8.1 version of the Store as well that will allow you to check for updates.

rege0039

I don't think it is in the Store Beta App as of yet, but you should have the Windows 8.1 version of the Store as well that will allow you to check for updates.

Doh ! I never thought of that...

Added a tile for the 'normal' store to my start menu.

Many thanks

bvone21

Is your main drive BitLocker protected? I thought there was some issue with this.

That's correct, you do need to turn of bitlocker if running from a VHD. There may be other downsides that I'm just not aware of yet.

I guess I just like the peace of mind of not fiddling with my 8.1 install, and it runs much better than in a VM.

GTiceman

Last night I decided to a fresh install of 9926, so I downloaded the ISO backed up the few local files and made a Bootable USB Drive with Windows 10 Build 9926, ran Windows Update loaded Office 365 x64 Pro Plus added back my Apps and it is running so much better, I wasn't able to come out of Connected Standby with the upgraded stock 8.1 to 10 (multiple flights).

Much more stable and speedy :) The whole thing took less than an hour :)
I'll be doing this tonight

bvone21

My SSD is too full sadly.

Well that'll put the kabosh on the VHD approach! I haven't yet checked to see how much space you could get away with....I'm using 30gb...but I suspect it's significantly less you would have to use if you didn't want to install many apps in 10.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.