What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

95%. If I don't survive this, nice knowing everyone. Well, almost everyone. :)

Been actually installing after reboot for quite a while now. Must be a lot going on in there.

Oops! Install quit at 17%. Now it says its restoring my previous version of Windows.

Nooooooo!

Error Message:

Sorry, we couldn't complete update to Windows 10.

0x80070057 - 0x20007

Last edited:

wynand32

Okay, so, I'm having the known issue of being unable to install 10122. I've tried the Disk Cleanup suggestion in the release notes, but after two tries it's just not working. I might end up having to revert back to Win8.1 and try the update(s) again, or use the ISO if they release it. Unless someone else knows of another fix.

wynand32

Here's what I'm referring to, if anyone hasn't tried it yet:

• Upgrade Fail:
    Upgrading to this build on certain PCs may fail and roll back to the previously installed build with error 0x80070057 – 0x20007. This is a bug where too many device INFs are being migrated and hitting an internal limit. Possible workaround is to use Disk Cleanup to clean up system files and choose Device driver packages, Previous Windows installations and Temporary Windows installation files. You may also need to remove unnecessary peripherals and remove them from Device Manager and trying the upgrade again.
That's from http://www.onetechstop.net/2015/05/20/windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-known-issues/.

I didn't try to remove "unnecessary peripherals" yet, because I have no idea what that means. I only have the built-in ones, but I might try crazy stuff if this latest attempt fails.

Here's the actual source for everything 10122: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...ndows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Ok thanks. Tried all that. Running again.

Ok failed again but didn't removed old windows installation. Will try that now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.