What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrass

The new build seems to be running a very old version of the Intel Driver (March 2014).

I don't know if it matters that I'm on a desktop but mine is dated 5/16/2014 version 10.18.10.3621. I have an Intel control panel with mine.

I forgot to mention that mine is an i7 512 so I have a different video adaptor. I think it's a 5000.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Here is my HD4400 fresh from yesterday's update:

upload_2014-10-22_14-56-13.png

ScottyS

Any good guide how to dual boot with the default win 8.1?

Do i need to disable bitlocker in order to dual boot? (No VHD, regular install via shrink space)

I assume The recovery partition stays intact and I wont have any trouble going back to full stock, right?
Only if you want to be able to access files on the Win8.1 drive. If you don't disable bitlocker you'll need to enter the bitlocker key when you try to access a file on that drive only once but will have to do so each time you reboot.

I've been installing desktop apps (like Photoshop) to the Win8.1 drive to save space on my smaller Win10 partition. They of course won't run until I enter the key while accessing the Win8.1 drive in Explorer.

I was thinking about posting a thread to see if anyone knows how to write a script of bat file that could unlock the drive at start-up.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Windows Update KB3010668 to Technical Preview Build 9860 fixed the icon for WiFi (previously, showed Ethernet no matter what the connection).

Screenshot (93).png

Screenshot (94).png

Screenshot (95).png

Screenshot (96).png

Knuck

Looks like the most recent patch fixed my Wifi issue. No longer bouncing from one available network to another and then listing "internet access" as the selected network in Charms. Now lists the name of the network as it did before.

hardhit

Windows Update KB3010668 to Technical Preview Build 9860 fixed the icon for WiFi (previously, showed Ethernet no matter what the connection).

The KB Update removes also the limited icon from the wifi icon in the tray view and thus now I can no longer see when my connection is going limited and I must experience that my syncs are no longer working. Reported this via the feedback tool.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I see that, hardhit. The MUI windows indicates 'limited' properly, but the notification area on the taskbar merely shows a generic WiFi indicator. Good catch.

GTiceman

I also noticed that the update or the new build takes you into MUI settings when you tap on the wifi icon on the desktop, same if you tap on the network icon on the charms settings bar

r0b123

I also noticed that the update or the new build takes you into MUI settings when you tap on the wifi icon on the desktop, same if you tap on the network icon on the charms settings bar

I noticed this too for the network settings. While I like MUI in most cases, when connecting to a known network it seems a step backwards. Also my VPN software no longer works due to a missing DLL file.

mitchellvii

Hmmm. I have a display port to vga adapter for my external monitor (because it gives me more control over focus, etc.) and since the last update I'm occasionally getting some image shakiness and a pink color that then resolves itself. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.