What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynand32

First, I find it fascinating how much better 10130 is on my homebuilt desktop than on my SP3. A bunch of random parts compared to Microsoft's own hardware. That's a bit counterintuitive. Second, if you're using Win10 Mobile 10149 on a Windows phone, then you should consider 10130 on the SP3 to be miraculously stable and full-featured.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, my sp3 is borked as of today. had the BT issue, restarted, and now after logging in, it just sits on the spinning dots (its been there for 7 hours now) and if i shut down it then just sits indefinately with spinning dots saying shutting down.

how do i boot from usb if i cant use software to chose a diagnostic boot up etc?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorted

So for anyone else who experiences hanging on login with a never-ending spinning circle, and the corresponding inability to shut down. I had to power up and then do a restart. Worked perfectly.

wynand32

thanks. i fiddled with power and volume and found out how to get to the boot menu so fingers crossed :)

nope. wont boot from usb :/

Make sure your USB boot drive is formatted as FAT32 and not NTFS.

Edit: clarifying that I'm talking about the USB drive.

Last edited:

MagicPoop

Leaked releases are no good for me.

I only install releases via Windows updates.

I don't trust " leaked " versions which can easily carry very bad code and malware.

most of us get our builds from trustworthy sources... but then yea, of course, we also like the new bleeding edge...

wynand32

most of us get our builds from trustworthy sources... but then yea, of course, we also like the new bleeding edge...

Not being argumentative, but: what are the trustworthy sources that the leaks are from? I've seen them posted at mega and Google Drive, with no identification as to the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.