What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynand32

A quick update on one of the things I was looking forward to in the next build: Edge does seem to save (and maybe even sync, I'm not sure) passwords. That's what I've been waiting for to trying switching to it as my default browser.

Of course, as always, one thing's fixed and another's broken. Edge is now apparently incompatible with Google Analytics, which refuses to show charts. I'm stuck using another browser at least for that, then. Grrr.

Arizona Willie

Now this --- 158 --- looks like an OS.

Cortana is actually working for me and launching Quicken or Edge etc. on voice command as well as telling me the time and temperature === AND I can ask her two things in a row.

I have it installed in this desktop so I don't know how it is on the SP and for touch screens but it looks good and feels good and actually WORKED.

Kris

A different question: has ANYONE actually received the June firmware update?
had to manually download it.
Stupid question, the blog mentioned a black theme. Where do I find the option to try this out? I can only find high contrast black in the themes settings.

wynand32

had to manually download it.
Stupid question, the blog mentioned a black theme. Where do I find the option to try this out? I can only find high contrast black in the themes settings.

Where'd you download the update? Not sure which theme you're referring to...

Arizona Willie

Just found a problem with Edge ... or, more likely, a gap in my knowledge ( gasp!!!! ).
Can't import bookmarks from anywhere but Internet Explorer.
No way to import from Firefox that I could find.

wynand32

So, one issue: the process "Cortana Background Task Host" is grabbing the CPU, 10%-25% (actually, peaking past 50% now). Seems like it's sticking around, and might account for my fan at the moment.

Update: Seems to have resolved with a reboot. Something to keep an eye on as a possible culprit if the fan starts spinning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.