What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Using 10166, SP3 and Office 2016 365 Pro Plus....can anyone confirm if you get the crash with Skype for Business....open an IM window and minimize the IM and the Skype for Business main window....it automatically crashes the program. Wondering if someone else can confirm...Windows 10? Office 2016? Or is it Exchange policy trying to switch the program back to Lync 2013? Googled it...nothing very relevant.
I'm seeing the same behavior with the latest version of Office 2016's Skype for Business client....

riley2323

Topic of Edge...anyone know the scoop on why Google would not have open source search ability to allow us to add Google as the default in Edge? The fact that we are able to get Wiki, DuckDuckGo, and others as search engines in Edge baffles me, but the big fish in the big pond does not yet have such a small ability. Any hacks to get this working?

23lmh76.jpg

Nummer35

Topic of Edge...anyone know the scoop on why Google would not have open source search ability to allow us to add Google as the default in Edge? The fact that we are able to get Wiki, DuckDuckGo, and others as search engines in Edge baffles me, but the big fish in the big pond does not yet have such a small ability. Any hacks to get this working?

23lmh76.jpg
Look here: http://www.surfaceforums.net/index.php?threads/15828/

Haldi

I've used irfan view in the past
Jup. IrfanView is a must have :) but sadly it's not very well touch optimized :(
Although I never use the image folder viewer, I always use the Explorer.

So Surface 3 Pros has a valid license or misunderstanding?
Now thats a good question. Our tab does have a licence burnt in, right? So if Microsoft would allow it they could also accept this licence for W10, or not?
Guess we wont get an exception and still have to upgrade from W8. But after that a clean w10 install should read the key directly from the uefi, or not?

dstrauss

Have been following this forum on and off for a long time - do you think it will be safe to wait only a week after release before upgrading to Win 10 - or would you recommend longer?

Kris

Have been following this forum on and off for a long time - do you think it will be safe to wait only a week after release before upgrading to Win 10 - or would you recommend longer?
I'm not waiting at all, I plan to upgrade all of my computers on the 29th if possible. Why wait? What would waiting a week accomplish?

Anyone having the problem with their keyboard Home, End, and PgDn keys not functioning and the PgUp key opening up the boxes in FireFox? In IE, PgDn opens the "DOM Explorer." I've asked about it on the Windows Insider Forum but have gotten no response.

malberttoo

I think Win 10, in contrast to every other Windows OS, has been so thoroughly vetted by members of the Insider program, that it's the first Windows OS that I have no problem recommending on release day. Does it have issues? Sure. But nothing major, and as users we just know so much about the OS, again in contrast to OS's that have come before. For me, very different experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.