What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

I've managed to make Cortana working in my region, but I can't talk to her... When I'm clicking on the mic symbol she says : "Cortana can't listen to you right now"... do you know ?
(my mic is working. It's an USB mic)

mitchellvii

Hi

Thanks for the upload, do you mean uninstall the present drive, won't they just reinstall when you boot?
sorry for the stupid question but just coming back to windows been using a Mac for the past year

No it won't reinstall on boot. Will just sit there as a generic driver. One thing you have to be careful of is that automatic updating will try to replace it eventually. Usually with something like a Hardware Update. You can try turning off automatic updating and then hide the Hardware Update before it installs.

Not sure how all that will behave on this build.

mitchellvii

Hmm, ok potential problem here.

Windows 10 will not allow me to hide an update I don't want to install. ME NOT LIKE THIS. So basically it is going to force me to accept the hardware update which will overwrite my Intel Video Drivers. <-----------------BOOOOOOO!

MS, I hate when you do this sh*t where you take all of our control and force things on us.

My only hope is that once I have my Gamma settings done they will stick once the new driver is written. We'll see otherwise I'm going to have to flash these damned drivers every day. :-(

malberttoo

Hmm, ok potential problem here.

Windows 10 will not allow me to hide an update I don't want to install. ME NOT LIKE THIS. So basically it is going to force me to accept the hardware update which will overwrite my Intel Video Drivers. <-----------------BOOOOOOO!

MS, I hate when you do this sh*t where you take all of our control and force things on us.

My only hope is that once I have my Gamma settings done they will stick once the new driver is written. We'll see otherwise I'm going to have to flash these damned drivers every day. :-(

I'm pretty sure that's only for the Preview versions. I think the RTM you will have full control again.

mitchellvii

I'm pretty sure that's only for the Preview versions. I think the RTM you will have full control again.

Thanks. Likely but still pisses me off. :)

That being said, went ahead and ran the Hardware Update. It did remove the HD Control Panel BUT my Gamma settings appear to have stuck from before. So basically now they are hard coded in which is fine with me.

mitchellvii

Well the sad part about MS forcing these video drivers on us is that they are crap. Under the Intel Drivers I was running cool quiet and lag free. Now my fan is blowing, I'm lagging like crazy and the computer is hot.

Nice MS.

mitchellvii

Ok, turns out you can flash the Intel Drivers I posted directly over the stock drivers without deleting them first. Makes it easier to go back.

hardhit

With the new build my mouse scroll is no longer working, I have issues with synchronization to Onedrive and I can not connect to my external monitor via displaylink. For me this is a rather big step backward. Till this build I was very happy with win 10, thinking of going back to win 8.1

RémiM

Still in trouble with the tiles. Maybe it has a connection, but under "Settings -> System -> App size" all my apps are 0 byte of size...

EDIT: and for some reasons I dont have the Preview version thing written on my desktop anymore....

Last edited:
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
With the new build my mouse scroll is no longer working, I have issues with synchronization to Onedrive and I can not connect to my external monitor via displaylink. For me this is a rather big step backward. Till this build I was very happy with win 10, thinking of going back to win 8.1

My OneDrive was not syncing, until I realized that Windows 10 wanted me to "Verify" my account on my Surface Pro 3. I clicked "Verify" on the Account Settings - no questions were asked, then OneDrive updated perfectly.

Matthew Parks

finished the install of Win 10 enterprise. flawless. pen works just as advertised. once paired it, it opened OneNote first click. ripped off the type cover, it switched to tablet mode, although the on screen keyboard doesn't allow me to switch to the "thumb" board mode. connected to my wireless home networks, Bluetooth mouse and my Nokia connected, though the phone connection had to be instituted from the Surface. my tabs even opened in my browsers. more to come

Status
Not open for further replies.