Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Really giving my SP3 a workout. Working well, including video .mp4 and .mov and .avi files using all apps, iTunes video, Hulu Plus, YouTube, Vimeo, Netflix, and teaming music. Creative Cloud and Corel work well, also.

Have to get used to pausing Pandora music when using the onscreen keyboard in tablet mode, because the spacebar is owned by Pandora to control music. Easily avoided by clicking away from Pandora one time, somit does not have focus.

Screenshot (26).png

rkz

Does anyone know what the battery saver actually does? I would love to be able to edit what services are shut down or whatever.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Two more tests:
Apple iCloud syncs perfectly with IE and Outlook 2013.
Apple Airport Utility connects up my backup and media drives with faster response in 9926 than 9879.

Apple Airport Utility for Windows

Apple iCloud for Windows and/or Outlook 2013

Note bottom-right (Notification area). By the way, an audio track I was editing was playing simultaneously with Pandora, flawlessly when I clicked the pen button twice to take this shot. SP3 i7 512.

Screenshot (27).png

wynand32

Really giving my SP3 a workout. Working well, including video .mp4 and .mov and .avi files using all apps, iTunes video, Hulu Plus, YouTube, Vimeo, Netflix, and teaming music.

Are you able to play YouTube in IE? If so, is it because you installed the correct Intel HD drivers? Really want to get this part figured out, don't want to have to use Chrome.

lhauser

One thing to check: make sure your USB drive is formatted as FAT32. UEFI requires it, not NTFS.

Yeah, that was it. The Windows 7 USB tool automatically formats as NTFS. Thanks for the hint, I knew that but forgot to check for it.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, now I'm very pleased.
I can run my favorite Windows app (program) of all time. SereneScreen. Runs as a screensaver or in a window. Never worked properly in 8.1.
I feel my blood pressure going down already.

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (30).png

Screenshot (29).png

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Are you able to play YouTube in IE? If so, is it because you installed the correct Intel HD drivers? Really want to get this part figured out, don't want to have to use Chrome.

Yep. Works great. I'm using Intel video drivers from 3/7/2014.

Screenshot (31).png

Screenshot (34).png

Cask

I was crashing youtube also with the latest drivers from Microsoft. Reverted to the August driver posted here and now it works perfectly!!! Highly recommended!

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
My current app Start category list. Maybe it will help others just now moving to Windows 10 from 8.1 with ideas.

Screenshot (35).png

Screenshot (36).png

wditters

I think so many people are having different experiences with this build because they are installing it on top of their prior build with god knows what on it. Best way to get best result is clean install of the ISO.

Both in-place upgrade and clean install from ISO left me with constant screen flashes and spontaneous reboots ...

AllTaken

When closing the type cover I get a chime and Windows asks if I want to enable tablet mode. I know this because I peaked quickly before it faded away to sleep. Feature of some sort or just blatant bug? Seems odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.