What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,i made a fresh install from iso, doing all updates... movies,youtube all working without needing to rollback graphic drivers.

hi,i made a fresh install from iso, doing all updates... movies,youtube all working without needing to rollback graphic drivers.

Great. Be sure to test the "Video" app on a video file you have stored locally. Online videos worked okay for me, but this one just quit abruptly. That revealed the problem for me.

iTunes 12 on Windows 10 Build 9926 has no stutter or hesitation under the same conditions as previous builds. Tested using local and library access.

Screenshot (41).png

How is that possible? I wonder what is different? Preemptive Edit: I know that you did a fresh install but even still, seems surprising. Is there a way to get a list of installed drivers in windows 10? Anybody?

I find an idea .
I have alots of problem with driver and store and IE.
Try lots of work and install 3time fresh windows.
Solution is : just im searching for how to remove sync backup from my microsoft acount and doind that steps .
After that install a fresh windows and login to my acount (so no settings restored) and i see every problem solved :)
Also u can use sync setting and disable every sync.

I find an idea .
I have alots of problem with driver and store and IE.
Try lots of work and install 3time fresh windows.
Solution is : just im searching for how to remove sync backup from my microsoft acount and doind that steps .
After that install a fresh windows and login to my acount (so no settings restored) and i see every problem solved :)
Also u can use sync setting and disable every sync.

hmm, i deleted nothing, i'm logged in to my microsoft account. i think, the fresh install helps a lot.

It doesn't matter if scrolling up and down makes sense to someone or not...the fact is that millions (I don't know...maybe billions by now seeing how touchscreen smartphone far far far outpace PCs) of folks are quite used to side scrolling to get to apps. I don't see any great advance in this emperor's new clothes interface myself, but I'm not gonna dog anyone that does. I've said this before, but if this advancement is so great for pure tablet use, please explain to me why I need to "see" the taskbar when I've got a metro app open and I'm in "tablet mode"? Does it provide me some great productivity boost to be able to press the redundant "start" button? Maybe it assists in developing finger dexterity as I try to bring up the hidden taskbar items lurking behind the up arrow? I know...it helps me to quickly switch between the apps that I already have a nice swipe left gesture for? Anyway...I'm sure you get my drift. Look...is Win10 some sort of great shakes for keyboard and mouse guy/gal? I think it certainly is. But don't blow smoke up my exit chute telling me it's some kinda major advancement from a pure touch/tablet perspective. Slightly incremental in some ways...slightly regressive in others...that's what it is.

And about the corporate world embracing Win10...well of course they'll jump on it. Like the majority of them have a real choice other than to do just that. They've almost all made their normal cycle skip, so many are against the wall to upgrade whether they would like to or not. Plus, it's no secret that the majority of changes here were developed with their wishes in mind. Long term, I don't know if it even matters. Anyone with half a brain cell can see the writing on the wall for general computing in the future. Even with the "bounce-back" expected for PCs this year, they will still continue to lose ground to other pure tablets and smartphones in all likelihood. We're in a generational shift and with retirement/old age/death coming to those hanging on soon enough...change will be in the wind quickly with the next generation of decision makers who could most likely care less since they've had an entirely different life experience of growing with technology than those that will be on their way out the door.

Dude you really need to get out of "everyone sees the world as I do" mode. People HATED the Windows 8 Start Page, side scrolling and all. Let me ask you this - what is the number one tool 100% of users worldwide take advantage of every day? Right, web browser. Does that scroll vertically or horizontally? Right. By making tiles scroll vertically they are making the Start Menu work like everyone's favorite and most familiar tool, the web browser.

Also, which direction does the wheel on your mouse roll, up and down or sideways? Always felt weird for me to scroll vertically with my mouse only to have the tiles move horizontally. It's like erasing with the pen tip and writing with the eraser.

With regards to retaining the Taskbar in tablet mode, remember this is still a preview build. They are likely looking for feedback on that. If they add jump lists to the tiles, I agree they really don't need the Taskbar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back