What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyS

I took a nap when I got home from work (leaving Win10 running) and awoke to find the new log on screen.
Start menu transparent in full screen mode, but not desktop. I wish you could drag and resize it in desktop mode, it's too short.

I checked for updates. Yeah, build 10041 just a few hour out and there is a System Hardware Update.
It says "SELFHOST: CLICKING RESTART NOW MAY TAKE 5-10 MINUTES TO RESTART". Sounds like a firmware update, I hope it doesn't screw thinks up.

Edit: No, not a firmware, just an update which failed!

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Hmmm, I'm getting over 40 mbps download speeds but page loads are very slow - took 5 seconds just to load this page for instance. Weird.

** May be Dropbox updating causing the issue.

bluegrass

Surprisingly, my system (8Gb of RAM) uses 11% of memory at idle.

Far from the ~20% of 9926.

Well, 10041 is so far so good, but from a user point of view it is not very different from 9926.

If someone figures out how to get the Intel HD update that fails to install, please share the solution !

After the new build installed, I went back & searched for updates & for the first time it installed the Intel 5000 update from January.

RémiM

After the new build installed, I went back & searched for updates & for the first time it installed the Intel 5000 update from January.

I have the update installed but for some reason it keeps saying:

• Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics Family - Error 0x80200068

No idea why.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Improvements include the OSK can be moved, which is great using the thumb keyboard. MWDA is working, less noisy notifications and Tablet Mode can be automatically switched or with confirmation. Connecting to a wireless network is improved. Resuming from Connected Standby works. Overall much improved overall.

RémiM

I have the update installed but for some reason it keeps saying:

• Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics Family - Error 0x80200068

No idea why.

For those running this problem: I uninstalled the driver and installed it back. No more error.

CQFD.

Status
Not open for further replies.