What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsongx

anyone can tell me how to access app commands of MUI apps under win10 Tablet mode, which formally activated by slide-in-screen gestures in Win8.1?

The only way I found is to switch to desktop mode, hit the Hamburg at title bar, then choose the menu. Even the simplest actions as closing a pdf file, require me to go through the steps above.

bmack

To close a app in tablet mode you just swipe down from the top of the screen just like in windows 8. If you are asking how to access the secondary menu in the modern apps the only to do this at the time is via the hamburger menu-app command.

mitchellvii

Don't know what it is about these builds. The longer I use them the more they seem to slow down. My entire system us crawling this morning. Chrome was initially very fast with this build and updates. Now it is slower than ever.

nnthemperor

Went back to 8.1. The fan was constantly on in Windows 10. I'll give MS credit though at the ease of going back to 8.1. Took less than 5 minutes

lhauser

Even after my message of praise to Win10 this past weekend, I have gone back to Win8.1. The Win10 system came back to life in the middle of the night and started eating battery power for breakfast one too many times. I'm tired of watching battery life all the time and dealing with an untold number of small quirks and instabilities that didn't make life impossible but were starting to wear on me.

I know these are a relatively minor concern in the array of all the problems I could have been having with Win10, but perhaps I just have too much else going on in my life right now and don't need any more surprises. I have 26 years in the tech world, including rolling out Win95, 98, and XP in various sized corporate environments. I went into Win10 because I love messing with operating systems. But I'm also trying to write a novel and get more reading done, and I need stability, at least on my computer.

I also know myself too well. We'll see how long it takes for me to get restless and put another preview build on my SP3...

Status
Not open for further replies.