What's new

Windows 1709 (16299.15 rs3) rolling out on Insider Preview *Slow*

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
This used to be Release Preview so... it's imminent on General Availability.

Not sure if the Media Creation Tool is updated yet but they put it on pretty quick last time with 1703.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm planning to do a clean install with this shortly since I've had a less than desirable experience on CU 1703. Hoping 1709 is better, goodbye and good riddance 1703.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Couple of weird things I noticed after installing 16299.15 in edge when you hold backspace in the address bar it clicks really fast but the cursor moves slow then you let go and the cursor takes a coupe seconds to catch up.

On the MSN homepage you can't swipe the horizontal scrolling frame you have to tap the arrows even if they don't show up.

Another thing I just noticed trying to type MSN is you cant cap lock ... OH I was tricked... You can cap lock but the second click doesn't happen so you naturally think it didn't work.

Backspacing in other text boxes seems ok... Clicks fast but cursor keeps up.

Note these are all with the On Screen Keyboard in tablet mode.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It seems the WiFi troubles under Creators Update have been improved although not completely 100% eliminated. I might be able to remove my USB wifi adapter and survive on the Marvel wifi with FCU.

awwshoot

It seems the WiFi troubles under Creators Update have been improved although not completely 100% eliminated. I might be able to remove my USB wifi adapter and survive on the Marvel wifi with FCU.

Looking forward to any WiFi improvements! Really hope they add a Roaming option to the Marvel driver soon! 21 SP4s that do not smoothly switch between the 5 APs while the nurses move throughout the center can be frustraiting!

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looking forward to any WiFi improvements! Really hope they add a Roaming option to the Marvel driver soon! 21 SP4s that do not smoothly switch between the 5 APs while the nurses move throughout the center can be frustraiting!
I went back to my USB adapter... It was better than before but it was still laggy... With my USB adapter in the relief roll, the Marvel gets the quick hook with any troubles like an MLB pitcher in the playoffs. I don't mess around with it anymore.