What's new

wow on surface pro 3

ginofresh

hey guys sorry if my gramer is bad.

so i know this is not a gaming computer but i just love the surface, so i am playing wow on low setting witch i am fine about and i have a cooling fan to keep is cooling (plug in the USB) have a blue tooth mouse the surface mouse and sometimes my phone charging in the use port where the power brick is, so when i am on WOW it just say plug in not charging i was wondering if there was a way that i can fix that? i took it to the micorsoft store and they just dont knowwhat it is and why and they offer me all my money back to put to a new laptop witch is good and something i might do but i just hate not having a surface it just i really did fall in love with this thing, so hear my questions is there anyways i could get it to just charge and be plug in at the same time? the reason why i ask is bc i do a lot of things at once skype wow and web browsing and stuff so my surface go on and off the charger pretty much and i am scared it is going to mess up my battry with all of the on and off again stuff? also if there a way where i can just turn it off from charging but just to power my surfer and then when i want it charger i can just press the button again? will buying the dock help with this issue? and when i set my surface to high performance the screen go dark like pretty much 75% light up and then when i go back to balance it is back to 100% screen brithness

thank guys for the help i really appreciated it

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
welcome to the forum.

I can't answer a lot of that, but i have experienced the plugged in not charging on both my SP3 and my S3. I've never given it a second thought, nothing seems to be amiss.

When you are seeing this message, does the battery % begin to decrease, or does it just stay where it is?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It doesn't sound like anything to worry about to me. If you want you could give it a full charge then full discharge and repeat once every six months you shouldn't have anything to worry about. My Surface RT battery still maintains over 92% charge

Derekamoss

hey guys sorry if my gramer is bad.

so i know this is not a gaming computer but i just love the surface, so i am playing wow on low setting witch i am fine about and i have a cooling fan to keep is cooling (plug in the USB) have a blue tooth mouse the surface mouse and sometimes my phone charging in the use port where the power brick is, so when i am on WOW it just say plug in not charging i was wondering if there was a way that i can fix that? i took it to the micorsoft store and they just dont knowwhat it is and why and they offer me all my money back to put to a new laptop witch is good and something i might do but i just hate not having a surface it just i really did fall in love with this thing, so hear my questions is there anyways i could get it to just charge and be plug in at the same time? the reason why i ask is bc i do a lot of things at once skype wow and web browsing and stuff so my surface go on and off the charger pretty much and i am scared it is going to mess up my battry with all of the on and off again stuff? also if there a way where i can just turn it off from charging but just to power my surfer and then when i want it charger i can just press the button again? will buying the dock help with this issue? and when i set my surface to high performance the screen go dark like pretty much 75% light up and then when i go back to balance it is back to 100% screen brithness

thank guys for the help i really appreciated it
I play wow all the time on mine. What I have noticed is with the SP3 outlet charger if you have it connected to the surface and also using the USB charger on the brick every single outlet is different. One outlet has no problem charging both, another one, only the surface gets charged, another is plugged in but not charging. I think its less the cord and more the ac outlet with a usb device plugged into the brick.

OP
G

ginofresh

It doesn't sound like anything to worry about to me. If you want you could give it a full charge then full discharge and repeat once every six months you shouldn't have anything to worry about. My Surface RT battery still maintains over 92% charge
How do I discharge? Sorry if that is a dumb questions I am assuming You just play it until it dies? But see the other thing is that I am always tabing in and out of wow and then the charger starts to kick in and then it stop charging when I go back into wow? That won't mess up my battery ?