What's new

Youtube on MUI IE Problem

Heres the problem:

I am listening to music on YouTube.
I switch to another tab.
A minute or two later, the video stops playing until I go back to the YouTube tab and then this whole cycle repeats.

Is anyone else having this problem?

nipponham

I think there was someone else here in the past that complained of the same problem. I'm not aware if they every found the source of their problem but for the record, there should be no problem of playing YouTube while browsing other tabs, whether in MUI or desktop. If you play via desktop, it will play even as you switch between the two environments. In MUI, once you switch to another app, YouTube will cease to play but it will start right back up when you return.

bluegrass

You obviously can't switch to another tab and still see the first tab. I just open up a second copy of IE if I need to see to websites at the same time. The only way I've found to open up a second IE is to right click on the icon and select IE in the popup menu.

OP
M

Modification

You obviously can't switch to another tab and still see the first tab. I just open up a second copy of IE if I need to see to websites at the same time. The only way I've found to open up a second IE is to right click on the icon and select IE in the popup menu.
I don't need to see the Youtube tab, I just want the audio playing while I switch to another tab. I guess I will just have to use desktop for it.

olimjj

Also, You can open up another copy of IE or any other program (if you have the keyboard attached) is to hold the shift key down and select the IE icon

nipponham

Can't say what the problem might be, but as a temporary workaround you might want to try using a dedicated YouTube app like Hyper. It will play in the background allowing you to listen and browse at the same time. And unlike IE, it will play while using other apps or even with the screen off.