What's new

Ahhhh...wifi issue is maddening

dman27

Just venting here..... This Wi-Fi not being connected on startup or resume is driving me crazy.

How is it possible this is not fixed yet?

Of all the compromises that you have to put up with, this is the worse.

This turns a nearly perfect tablet/laptop experience into a reminder that you have a "SP3", so don't forget you "are not on WiFi yet"

Done venting.... fix it !!

ipaq_101

I had the same wifi issue as you did, since the last major update on patch Tuesday I have not once lost the wifi radio on start up or resuming from stand-by or hibernation.

Check to see if your updates installed correctly and none were missed.

OP
D

dman27

I had the same wifi issue as you did, since the last major update on patch Tuesday I have not once lost the wifi radio on start up or resuming from stand-by or hibernation.

Check to see if your updates installed correctly and none were missed.
Thanks, I'm hoping I missed it. I will verify.

Aegeas

Haven't had a wifi issue in months. Make sure you update to the latest Intel drivers too, not the ones from Windows Update.

I am still having wi-fi issues coming out of sleep, but it doesn't always happen. I have the newest updates installed from MS.

Luckily for me, this is the only Wi-Fi issue I've had so far, and my "usage pattern" keeps it from being very annoying (I use my Sp3 on the dock 8-10 hours per day; I have sleep disabled for both docked and undocked. No Wi-Fi problems during the day at all. Zilch. When using the SP3 out of the dock, when I'm done with it for a while, I turn it off instead of sleeping it).

Aegeas

Installing the Intel drivers directly is the best thing you can do for yourself. Make sure you get the latest video driver. It vastly increases performance while helping battery life, too.

Just venting here..... This Wi-Fi not being connected on startup or resume is driving me crazy.

I've recently had this issue as well. I've noticed that it only seems to be MUI apps that don't have connectivity after a wake-up. Desktop apps seems fine. Is that your observation as well?

phositadc

Installing the Intel drivers directly is the best thing you can do for yourself. Make sure you get the latest video driver. It vastly increases performance while helping battery life, too.

Do you have to uninstall the old WiFi driver before updating to the new one, the same way you have to uninstall old video driver before updating?

Or does WiFi driver allow you to install it over the old one?

OP
D

dman27

I have the latest updates and the newest graphics driver. The network driver is not Intel, so should it show a more recent driver than in the screenshot ?

Attachments

• upload_2014-9-24_14-40-27.png
    upload_2014-9-24_14-40-27.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 423

Chuck_IV

I've recently had this issue as well. I've noticed that it only seems to be MUI apps that don't have connectivity after a wake-up. Desktop apps seems fine. Is that your observation as well?

Since the last update on the 9th, my wireless connection has remained throughout sleeps and such. That wasn't the case prior. Prior to the last update, after a deep sleep the SP3 would completely forget it even had a wireless adapter installed.

My only issue now(which may be what you are seeing) is if I haven't had a wireless connection at any point(which is my case at work, as they won't allow me to connect my SP3 to the company wireless) when I do get a connection, if a MUI app was running, it won't recognize the existing wireless connection until I completely close the app (drag from top to bottom and wait for it to flip) and restart it.

I hate to ask the obvious, but when you say intel drivers, your talking about the chipset drivers for the CPU? Does that also cover the graphics or is that a separate update?

THanks
Michael