What's new

Are we posting our problems to the right place?

Does MS have an official place where we are supposed to be posting the problems we encounter? I see quite a few people, including myself, reporting problems here on this forum.. and its occurring to me now that this might be in vain if no one at MS is really following the posts here...

THoughts?
Michael

leeshor

We have some Microsoft Surface MVPs participating here and one who preferred this to Microsoft's forums because there was a lot of clutter there. But yes, they do have their own forums.

We also have a lot of answers here.

If it's specific complaint or service issue you can always call support.

ctitanic

We have some Microsoft Surface MVPs participating here and one who preferred this to Microsoft's forums because there was a lot of clutter there. But yes, they do have their own forums.

We also have a lot of answers here.

If it's specific complaint or service issue you can always call support.
Totally agree. I like this forum and I always try to keep MS Informed on new issues.

benjitek

Careful -- I posted that same link once and the post was deleted -- I received a PM quoting the site's TOS which forbids linking to other Surface forums:
8. Promoting other Surface related forums in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted. Unless an agreement has been reached with the ADMINs of SurfaceForums.net. Doing so without this will result in infractions being issued and or banning. EXCEPTION: You are permitted to place links to personal blogs, facebook, twitter, G+.

ctitanic

Careful -- I posted that same link once and the post was deleted -- I received a PM quoting the site's TOS which forbids linking to other Surface forums...
The answers forum is part of Microsoft support. Blocking that site will only damage the users of this forum.

benjitek

The answers forum is part of Microsoft support. Blocking that site will only damage the users of this forum.
The rules were created above my pay grade. ;)

That was in response to my response:
Sorry, didn't know about that rule -- surprised though that it would be against the rules to provide a link that to an official Microsoft site, one where Microsoft support staff are formally and actively participating -- providing users with official answers to questions and issues.

ctitanic

In another hand, those users of this forum that decide to report issues there that previously have been reported here Should link back to this forum. That will help this community.

wynand32

I'm making sure to communicate my issues via the official Microsoft channels to make sure they're aware of them. I post here expressly to contribute to the community as well as to get assistance. I'm not sure the official Microsoft forums are actually as helpful, frankly.

benjitek

I'm making sure to communicate my issues via the official Microsoft channels to make sure they're aware of them. I post here expressly to contribute to the community as well as to get assistance. I'm not sure the official Microsoft forums are actually as helpful, frankly.
That's fine -- they just don't want you linking to that forum here ;-)

ctitanic

I don't think the answers.microsoft.com is a Surface relative forum. It's another support channel maintained by Microsoft.