What's new

Can not change pc settings

CoryRichter94

attachment.php

I am the administrator and only user of the pc.
It is a surface pro 3.
It says some settings are managed by your system administrator.
What do I do?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like you've added a Work Email Account to your machine, and your IT Department has created a set of security settings that enforced by Exchange Active Sync (EAS).

Or is your machine joined to your work Network (Domain)?

OP
C

CoryRichter94

I have removed my school email from windows mail and restarted the computer but it still says some settings are managed by your system administrator.
It sounds like you've added a Work Email Account to your machine, and your IT Department has created a set of security settings that enforced by Exchange Active Sync (EAS).

Or is your machine joined to your work Network (Domain)?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have removed my school email from windows mail and restarted the computer but it still says some settings are managed by your system administrator.
You will need to reset the local security, it is located in the User Control Panel on the desktop side, look for the Hyperlink on the left side of the Window.

You would need to access your school's mail via the web if you don't want to abide by the School's IT requirements.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What settings are you trying to change? Some of the legacy security settings have been deprecated in Windows 8.1/RT....

Also you will need to reboot after resetting. If it still doesn't work you may need to refresh your S2.

OP
C

CoryRichter94

I am trying to change the notification settings.
What settings are you trying to change? Some of the legacy security settings have been deprecated in Windows 8.1/RT....

Also you will need to reboot after resetting. If it still doesn't work you may need to refresh your S2.