What's new

Can someone explain the new One Drive on Windows 10?

1) We need to choose a file as the location of our OneDrive folders. Can I just choose the same file destination as it was before? If i do, this warning pops up saying that files already exist at this folder. Now I am concerned up irrepairable damage if I choose the same place.

2) For now, I just chose the same place. It now asks me to sync my OneDrive files to this PC. I read that there will no longer be the "Smart options" where you can either download it locally or keep it on the storage cloud. Is this sync basically asking me to download the files? If so, I am disappointed that we have to download all these files onto the local storage in order to view them. The point of me using OneDrive is to open my files online so that I can SAVE space. Yes I do realize I can go to their website and view it from there but the good thing about 8.1 is that I am just a few clicks away from opening my files via the OneDrive app. Forcing me to open the browser and go to the OneDrive website each time is time consuming in the long run.

malberttoo

1) We need to choose a file as the location of our OneDrive folders. Can I just choose the same file destination as it was before? If i do, this warning pops up saying that files already exist at this folder. Now I am concerned up irrepairable damage if I choose the same place.

2) For now, I just chose the same place. It now asks me to sync my OneDrive files to this PC. I read that there will no longer be the "Smart options" where you can either download it locally or keep it on the storage cloud. Is this sync basically asking me to download the files? If so, I am disappointed that we have to download all these files onto the local storage in order to view them. The point of me using OneDrive is to open my files online so that I can SAVE space. Yes I do realize I can go to their website and view it from there but the good thing about 8.1 is that I am just a few clicks away from opening my files via the OneDrive app. Forcing me to open the browser and go to the OneDrive website each time is time consuming in the long run.

I think it's only a temporary thing. They are in the middle of converting the consumer OD over to the backend of the business OD, and as such there are bugs and issues to work out.