What's new

Cant uninstall

SirNix

I have three erroneous programs installed on my surface pro 3 that I am unable to uninstall. Please help.

leeshor

Welcome to the forum
A little more information would help. Names of the programs, what they are or are not doing.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
icon_popcorn.gif

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm, erroneous programs... you mean like malware or PUPware? Try running Malwarebytes.

If you need to uninstall a program that doesn't uninstall there are some extra strength uninstallers... but certain situations don't lend themselves well to uninstallations.

Security Task Manager still works well also especially on running programs you want to get rid of ... Right click and remove will kill the task and quarantine the files on disk it came from.

Try to dig up some more details on exactly what you think the programs are... we might be able to do more than offer a Wild Donkeys Guess.

Kif

If I was you I would backup my data to OneDrive and/or USB drive and restore my system back to new. It shouldn't take more than a couple hours and you can't beat a clean system.

bluegrass

I really like Malwarebytes. If it finds several and you remove them. Run it a second time to see if any more come back. I really suspect that you have a virus or nasty Malware. Some of the bad ones won't even let you install Malwarebytes. Kif's idea is not a bad one. Hopefully you don't have a lot of programs you'll need to reinstall.

Liam2349

Some antivirus might get rid of it. You can also get software that uninstalls anything like Revo Uninstaller Pro.