Charging port issue or faulty charger

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by amjadnawaz, Jul 30, 2014.

1. amjadnawaz

amjadnawaz New Member

Just got my SP3 256gb delivered to Pakistan from US, unboxed it and tried charging it but it failed tried all the trouble shootings still no success, out of 50-60 tries the light on the charger would randomly come on from which I am still able to charge my device. The USB port on the charging brick is working fine. Is there a way to know if my charger is faulty or is it the device cuz I would rather buy a new charger instead of sending the whole tablet back and wait for it to get fixed. Thanks in advance.

2. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

Oh boy, that stinks ... I see there are MS offices in Islamabad and Karachi which is probably no help to you but thought id mention it in case they are just across town. You might find someone with an SP3 to borrow a charger from to verify if its the charger or the unit.

3. amjadnawaz

amjadnawaz New Member

I wish they could've been of any help, for now they dont even answer their calls.. am in bangkok right now and will be flying to Shanghai next week. I might visit Microsoft store but for now they still don't offer SP3 neither in Thailand nor in China

4. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

:( here's my charger cable =====[++++]. Its plugged in... let me know if it lights up :)