Chrome Fixed on SP3?

Does this fix the blurriness in Chrome?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kozak79

I use chrome because it's fast, syncs all your stuff between all of your installations of chrome and has a huge library of extensions that when combined, for me at least, block all ads on all websites and make browsing more pleasant. I've tried IE and Firefox over and over and they just seem sluggish compared to chrome (once you block all the ads).

thisiscarlo

Just tested it on the SP3, it works great, no more blurry.

Yes, same here! Chrome looked horrible when I first downloaded it but now it looks great. Looks like it's still a battery drain so I'm only going to use Chrome when my SP3 is plugged in but it's great to be able to sign in my account and port over the bookmarks/passwords I have saved in my Mac Mini/MBP!

erikiksaz

It looks just like IE does now, good timing!

Chrome is super useful for those running android:
-auto sync bookmarks
-synced tabs between all my devices
-autoloads all my bookmarks/extensions automatically upon sign in of a new machine
-when you right click selected text on a page, you have the option to search for it immediately, or to go to it if it's a web page. Neither IE or firefox have this built into the right click function.
-easy access to google cloud print

Jejagua

I'm running the current release 36.xxx of Chrome in high DPI mode (registry fix) with perfect results.

I'll second erikiksaz's statements about Chrome syncing functionality. This is especially beneficial to me because of my platform diversity (iOS, OS X, Android, Win 8.1). I also run approx 15 extensions and although some or all may be available on IE, I have not taken the time to investigate.

implode99

I am a Android and Chrome fanboy, but have switched to IE for speed and battery life on the SP3. I have to say the whole SP3 experience has improved IMMENSELY ! I hope google puts some time and energy into improving its browser for touch machines like the SP3. My biggest gripe was the scroll speed and smoothness . The battery was just a bonus.

On my desktop, I downloaded one of those fake Java updates. I ended up with this horrendous pop up ad problem. I uninstalled, download avast, etc, but I still get them. I would like to delete chrome and start over, but I get the message that a chrome window is open and I cant uninstall. Task manager disagrees that a chrome window is open. All of which to say that I am mot happy with chrome right now.

leeshor

On my desktop, I downloaded one of those fake Java updates. I ended up with this horrendous pop up ad problem. I uninstalled, download avast, etc, but I still get them. I would like to delete chrome and start over, but I get the message that a chrome window is open and I cant uninstall. Task manager disagrees that a chrome window is open. All of which to say that I am mot happy with chrome right now.
I suppose you have restarted and tried again? I suggest installing MalwareBytes post haste and do a complete scan.

Seneleron

Could you explain me why I should be using Chrome? It's a known issue that Chrome is a buttery killer. Google admitted it. So, where do you see the advantage?

Where would you like to start? IE's massive list of exploits and vulnerabilities, or 3rd party privacy and safety addons that are supported by chrome? That's not to say I don't LIKE IE, especially the modern version. . . but the first rule of security is to avoid vulnerable software....

I could also cite android sync support, but that only applies if you're embedded in the android ecosystem.

I agree with the above tho, scrolling in Chrome is still horrible on this thing...