What's new

Solved Font in device manager blurry.

Ordnas

Anyone know if there is a way to make the font clearer in device manager and similar window boxes. Thanks..

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
What video settings are you using? Resolution, set anything to be larger or smaller from the defaults?

You could try using the Cleartype Text Tuner.

larryeli

I got the same not clear font on my device manager I just set my display settings to medium (125%) not the default larger (150%) all my fonts now are smooth and clear but all scaled to small font even my desktop icons which I like...

vxm

yup, it was the same with me, 150% made dialog boxes and device manager ugly, while 125% displays text everywhere well. I tried various clear type settings but none were fixing it

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It happens because the Control Panels and MMC Consoles are all still using XP era GDI Rendering, it gets better in the Windows 10 until then using scaling will cause the fuzzy fonts....

OP
O

Ordnas

Thanks for all the advice guys. 125% has sorted the font problem, but now everything is extra small. Luckily I have good eyesight.

Update: just found out how to enlarge the fonts separately so a lot happier now.

Last edited: