What's new

How do i download a movie to sd card for play on a plane

kaufmansm

New surface 2 owner here. How do you download a movie to the SD card for play when no WiFi is available?
Thanks in advance for the help.

kundas1

Just add your device to the home group and then copy/paste the movies to the SD card on the Surface over your WiFi. Or insert you SD card in your computer SD slot and copy/paste movies on there and then place back the SD card back in the Surface... now if you wanna transfer your DVD/BR movies to your Surface then you will have to use a third party app to RIP your DVD/BR to mp4/AVI/MKV formats and then transfer them to your Surface 2... there is a how to section on this forum and you can learn how to do it on YouTube also... good luck

D

dvdcatalyst

New surface 2 owner here. How do you download a movie to the SD card for play when no WiFi is available?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi,

welcome to the forums.

It depends on what you are using for your movies.

If you use a store such as iTunes, Amazon Prime or XBOX Video, you can use that to download your purchased movie to your Surface Pro.

If you purchase your videos in physical form, such as DVD, you can use an external DVD drive with your Surface, or a different computer with a DVD drive to copy/rip/convert the DVD to a video file you can copy to your Surface.

OP
K

kaufmansm

Was wondering if I could download from Xbox video straight to my surface 2 to watch later or do I need to manually put them on a SD from my computer then put them in the surface