What's new

IE 11 and full screen on aurface pro 2

busanga

silly question but when in full screen mode without using keyboard how do I get out of full screen mode.

thanks

GoodBytes

If you mean on the Desktop:
It is designed for mouse and keyboard. So you need to move the mouse at the top, then a menu bar will show with tab, and a button to close the web browser, minimize, and restore the web browser to window mode.
But assuming you fall in the situation you are in, where you started the web browser in desktop, put it full screen, then you have no more keyboard and mouse, then all you need to do is right-click anywhere on the page with your finger. So tap and hold for a sec, a square indicator will show under your finger, when it does, let go, and it will right-click. When you do, the menu bar will show, from where you can hit the restore button (found between the minimize and close button of IE), and you'll be out of full screen.

If you mean on Windows 8 App (aka: Modern UI App) of IE:
Simply swipe down from the center, top of the screen, from the black border of the screen, right under the camera of your Surface Pro 2, and just slide it continuously down, all the way at the bottom. It will close, and go back to the start screen.

OP
B

busanga

thanks for reply

does the desktop version come pre installed on 8.1 I am only seeing my metro version.

also full screen in metro version still leaves the tab and favourites bar showing is this correct

OP
B

busanga

auto hide was not working, rebooted the poot now is fine, had me baffled. still a very clunky way to get out of full screen MS should be able to work something better, all other browsers are simple.