What's new

LTE- How many will go to SP4 for LTE it is offered?

EMINENT

I agree that it's not needed if you're able to initiate a mobile hotspot with your phone.

However, i'd welcome the model and don't mind the extra $10 charge to have that built in. If not recurring, even a prepaid data plan would be great to have for those times it's needed.

I'm kinda torn. The inclusion of LTE will only help to bolster sales as built in LTE will allow carriers to offer them at discount on contract or through financing like att next. People may not like the idea of purchasing one at full cost when you can get it at a discount added to your phone plan.

As much as I don't need it, I would buy one with it just to help the product gain more market share. Greater sales = higher demand=better quality apps and support for this thing we love and i'm all for that.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
My conversations with the Surface Product Team they've stated that they put the LTE option in the Surface because it is fanless as they don't want to have the additional drain of the LTE on the Pro as the fan uses quite a bit of battery. If we see a fanless Core M we might see an LTE enabled Pro but I doubt it.....

Last edited by a moderator:
For sure I will desperately pay most any price to have a Surface 3 pro Biggest screen on LTE .. tethering is USELESS for a road warrior as it kills a cell phone battery in a few hours.

Got my first G3 iPad 5 years a go about time MICROSOFT

For sure I will desperately pay most any price to have a Surface 3 pro Biggest screen on LTE .. tethering is USELESS for a road warrior as it kills a cell phone battery in a few hours.

Got my first G3 iPad 5 years a go about time MICROSOFT
ANY Experienced Surface 3 LTE users out there??? .. I see LTE is available in Japan for last month and Europe for last few days?
What is the battery life like with mobile turned on??
IS it working??
IM in Canada and either need unlocked or a canadian Carrier
the Mobile 3G card appears to be made in Canada but Carriers are not yet activating???