What's new

Lync Basic not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Spoiler

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and now I find that Lync now longer works. When I start it I get the Lync page and it just keep working and never gets to any usable screen.

I try uninstalling it and reinstalling it but still no joy. When I initially open it after reinstalling it I get the message screen that says you need an account to use it but when I click ok it does the same things and just goes into a work state for ever. Goes not even time out.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Which version of Lync are you trying to use? 2007, 2010 or 2013? Try upgrading to Skype for Business or switch to the mobile version of Lync from the Store.

OP
S

Spoiler

Thanks JNJ. I am using the mobile version from the store.

I would like to use Skype for business or Lync 2013 but I think you have to purchase them and I had the Lync version from the store working prior to the upgrade so I was hoping to avoid buying it.

Cheap of me I know :)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using the Mobile version, typically this a certificate or DNS issue. If your org is using O365 you should be able to download Skype for Business as a stand alone installer, there should be a link from your OWA page...

OP
S

Spoiler

Unfortunately I think our office is still running out own Lync server and not O365.

I purchased on O365 subscription with the surface pro but that seems to have everything except Lync.

I thought it might be a DNS issue but it is doing the same thing even when in the office network and Outlook works fine and the uses the same host name and credentials. I also would have expected a DNS error to eventually timeout.

Thanks for your assistance it is greatly appreciated.